cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2" gray water drain fitting...

Resoman
Explorer
Explorer
There's no holding tank on my 2013 Rockwood pup, and the drain fitting for the gray water from sink and shower is a threaded 2" male plastic pipe. I hope this is a common setup, but my online investigation hasn't turned up a connector for this size, just for the bayonet style fittings on RV's with holding tanks. I'd like to rig a short hose from this fitting to a 15 gallon portable tank; where can I find a fitting/adapter for this size pipe?
8 REPLIES 8

JLTN_James
Explorer
Explorer
The trailer outlet is a standard 1-1/2" NPT connection. The big box home improvement stores will have threaded fittings. I've decided that the garden hose adapter is somewhat worthless since it is unvented and restricts the flow to nearly nothing.

I use a black ABS plastic fittings to a assemble a very functional system. I start with a female treaded fitting on the trailer to a wye fitting. From the lower side of the wye, I have a 45-degree elbow to a 1-1/2" pipe, 24" long. This goes into my gray water collection bucket (or a 1-1/2" to 3" adapter and stinky-slinky for full hookup sites). From the top side of the wye I have another 24" long pipe going vertical to vent. The vent makes a major difference in the drain operation. Since it is an unpressurized gravity drain, the entire set up is just slid together so I can easily assemble/disassemble.
2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 (V8, 4WD, TP, TRD)
2005 Fleetwod Allegance with axle flip
Honeywell 2000i Generator

Me, DW, DS, DD, & Chicken-Dog

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was able to get the fitting to screw on at Home Depot. I then put an elbow, and a piece of pool vacuum hose.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Resoman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who replied; I've ordered the part!
Gary

Huntin4Pixels
Explorer
Explorer
The gray water fitting on pup's is pretty much standard. Mine measures 1 7/8" OD and 1 1/2" ID.
Don

Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter - Ansel Adams

shfd739
Explorer
Explorer
That should be the proper fitting. I've got 2 for our Coleman gray water drains. Another option is to take a 3" bayonet cap, cut a hole in the middle and use a PVC threaded to slip adapter. Screw the adapter on and it will hold the cap in place. Then a traditional sewer hose can be connected. I do this to connect a gray water tote to the sink drain. We drain the shower into a bucket and use it to douse the camp fire
'17 Shadow Cruiser 240BHS
'08 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
‘07 NBS Silverado 2500 Dmax

Resoman
Explorer
Explorer
That fitting looks right; I measured 2" OD, maybe their 1.5" measurement is ID?

Huntin4Pixels
Explorer
Explorer
My gray water outlet uses one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006MTREC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
Don

Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter - Ansel Adams

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
It would be hard to describe the fittings you would need. I would go where they sell plastic pipe and tell them what you want to do. They can easily fix you up, to adapt to a water hose for a drain line.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"