cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20' travel trailer and an inflatable raft

brainfarth
Explorer
Explorer
I want to pack a 10' or so long inflatable raft along on my camping trips to do a little fishing. What does everyone do to achieve this? I thought about mounting it to the back of the trailer but I dont have enough room. Without a headache rack, I couldnt do it without deflating and throwing it in back of the truck.

And here's a pic of my current setup (minus the TIG welder which put me at 13,250 lbs).

8 REPLIES 8

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Kayak rack on truck. Or better yet utility body 3500 series welding body racked up. Half trying to do big truck things and tow a camper.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can get my plastic kayak into my 22 foot TT by putting it through the door and twisting it just right.

If you don't want to completey deflate it maybe you could just let out a few pounds so that it would be a little softer and easier to put inside the TT.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's why you can deflate and inflate it...for traveling. Invest in a good air pump IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Deflate while traveling. Inflate when fishing. Problem solved!

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a very few occasions I placed a 9 foot rigid kayak inside my TT by using the one and only regular size door I had. clean Yak was 3 feet wide and I placed it on the bed. Turned the yak on its side and angled it in toward the kitchen area. Your raft may be to bulky for this tho.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you don't want to deflate it, I would get a small aluminum boat or maybe a Port-a-boat.

A rack on top of the truck would work but then you have to worry about chaffing and if it decides to deflate on it's own at 70mph, you don't find out until it's flopping around violently.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what would be wrong with deflating it for transport, and then inflating it when you reach your destination?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Use this to post photos
post photos
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand