cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2000 Coleman PUP LP gas tank bracket

Ealy
Explorer
Explorer
The Coleman Timberlake Destiny series we bought last year has a place on the tongue of the trailer for propane tank mounting. We have the J-Bolt portion of the holddown, but not the top plate (or whatever it took) to mount this. Where can I find one of these. There is a Camping World store about 20 miles away, but have never been there.
8 REPLIES 8

Ealy
Explorer
Explorer
Problem solved, thanks!

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
Ealy, being from the South myself, robsouth's comments were not meant in a condescending tone at all. In this context, it would read something like "goodness, that's a lot to deal with and I wish I could help more".

Sometimes it is best to get in-person advice if you don't already have a handy resource person for new-to-you stuff. I am getting quite an education in pool chemistry after setting up what should have been a easy Father's Day gift...thank goodness I've got some Go To people around.

At least that's what robsouth's comments sounded like to me.

As such, here is the 2000 Coleman Destiny Series parts book that should list out most all of the options and part numbers to help you track down the parts.

Here's the 2000 Coleman Accessories book as well.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

Ealy
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome, thanks for the pic! I assumed it was set up like a battery holddown bracket, this is much simpler.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Agreed, the "J" hooks over the top ring on the tank, and the threaded portion goes through a hole in the tongue and is held on with a wing nut from the bottom. link

Edit, if you have the short J bolts, the J portion goes through a hole in the skirt on the bottom of the tank and the threaded portion goes again through a hole in the tongue.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
You sir, are obviously not from the South.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
I dont think there is a top plate, just the jay hooks, but there should be at least two of them. They hook into the top part of the propane tank.

Ealy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, thanks for the advice! I've never had to bleed air out of LP lines and have no experience with propane refrigerators. I do appreciate any positive feedback or answers to questions, but "bless your heart" sounds like you're talking down to a child. I've been an ASE certified auto tech at a major car dealership for over 13 years now, with previous auto experience. I came here with 3 questions, not Camping World. If you have a real answer to my question I can appreciate that, but if not sir, please hold back your condescending comments!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Bless your heart. From reading a few of your posts, I think you need to go to camping world with a long list of questions and learn all you can about your camper. You might even take it with you.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."