cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB Camper Wet Weight Label - Even Close?

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB camper. The label in the closet says it weighs 2335lbs wet (32 gals of water, two propane tanks, two batteries, etc.) then lists the weights for the options. This one has all options except the generation. I get a total wet weight of 2654lbs.

That seems low for wet weight. Has anyone else weighed their BF camper and compared it to the label? Yes, I know many say the label is a lie, but BF appears to have picked a specific number for the lie (if true!) Maybe the older BF campers were lighter?

I plan on calling BF in the morning and forcing them to confess but I wanted to see if anyone else had some hard numbers against the wet label.

Regards,

Terry
2005 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 4X4 LB/CC D/A
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog
56 REPLIES 56

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
The 'brochure weight' was 2900 pounds. A sticker inside a cabinet door reads:

"Camper weight is 3324 Maximum when it contains standard equipment, 46 gallons of water, 56 pounds bottled gas, 6 cubic feet refrigerator. Consult Owners Manual (or data sheet as applicable) for weights of additional or optional equipment."

Other stickers reads in part:

"Camper weight is ....3707 pounds with factory installed optional equipment in excess of 20 pounds. This weight does not include equipment under 20 pounds...... Consult data sheet....bla bla."

Dealer installed two batteries (110 pounds) plus who knows what for a possible admitted to, 3957 pounds.

We added solar panels, carpet, folding steps, shelving mods, etc. and only then did we load bottled water, pots/pans, clothes and food, etc.

Our current Lance 1181 claims to be about 3600 pounds 'dry' yet we find the same stickers in the cabinet admitting to 4690 pounds before we we add our things to reach the 5200 at which it scales.

Different brands may do it differently so weigh up, fess up. 🙂

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Atchafalaya_man wrote:
When we departed on a big trip packed with food, clothes, tools, water, etc., we made a stop at the Cat Scale only 3 miles from home.

Our '2900 pound brochure weight' Lance 1130 non-slide rung up 4760 pounds on the ticket, close to 1800 pounds over the phony brochure weight.

If you know you have enough truck, avoid Cat Scale shock by never weighing your rig!

wow, my slumberqueen weights withing 100lbs of the dry weight and I am only 500lbs more when I am loaded for camping with full water, what are you guys stuffing in thoes things haha...

No kidding. I watch the Youtube videos where someone scales their rig and is shocked at the weight and then they says something like "Sure, I have all of my weight lifting equipment and tools in there but I am surprised!"
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
bigfootford wrote:
My 2000 9.6 2500 BF weights 4200 fully loaded, 50 gal water, clothes, food, both propane bottles full.
Wet weight posted is 2600lbs. I was told that is the weight without fridge, water heater, mattress, Stove/oven... Who knows but there are several BF owners that say their full ready to roll weight is right there at 4Klbs.

Jim.

I'm not disputing your weight but the wet weight is without frig, water heater, mattress and stove? Really?
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Atchafalaya_man wrote:
When we departed on a big trip packed with food, clothes, tools, water, etc., we made a stop at the Cat Scale only 3 miles from home.

Our '2900 pound brochure weight' Lance 1130 non-slide rung up 4760 pounds on the ticket, close to 1800 pounds over the phony brochure weight.

If you know you have enough truck, avoid Cat Scale shock by never weighing your rig!

wow, my slumberqueen weights withing 100lbs of the dry weight and I am only 500lbs more when I am loaded for camping with full water, what are you guys stuffing in thoes things haha...
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My 2000 9.6 2500 BF weights 4200 fully loaded, 50 gal water, clothes, food, both propane bottles full.
Wet weight posted is 2600lbs. I was told that is the weight without fridge, water heater, mattress, Stove/oven... Who knows but there are several BF owners that say their full ready to roll weight is right there at 4Klbs.

Jim.
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
Hi StirCrazy,

That's some interesting insight. I wondered why Northern Lite looks so much like a Bigfoot.

A perplexing issue is why does this 25C9.4LB not have some standard options. Good for my needs but I guess maybe it was special ordered? But since they don't have records, there is no way to tell.

Terry
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
terrybk wrote:
Hi Stircrazy,

That's good info.

I got a final reply from BF and they said that back in 2006 the weights were calculated but it should be pretty close and again, if in doubt, weight it. Even so, if they were accurately at weighting the first unit and kept track, others should be close but how close? I would think 10% but that too is a guess.

So while I appreciate their confidence, I would weigh it and not depend on the label. Sounds like they installed a scale at some point later. He did say this camper was from the "old company" and didn't keep any records. I mailed them the label so they didn't need to look anything up.

so that was the old ownership before they closed down for a couple years. they were bought by a couple of the employees and some moulds were sold off to northern light and another company and they streamlined there products. what they do now is they have the standard weight then it is put on a load scale filled with water, batteries and propane and such and then they hand write the weight on the sticker on the back of a cabnet door. but in all reality they could measure the final product to get any manufacturing variations and then put add the knowen weight of all the stuff light water, batteries and propane and you would be with in 20 lbs. I just like that you know the weight after all the factory options you ordered have been installed.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
We will see. I'll post the actual weight. Some will laugh and some will cry. I'll kiss $10 at the CAT scales goodbye.

Interestingly both our Arctic Fox and NuWa Hitchhiker were dang close to the labels.
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
I'm betting it will scale at 3654 pounds. (Most of us that have been this route just add a thousand pounds to what they say it weighs.)

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
The only sure way is to take it over the weigh scales. You will probably be surprised
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. I was hoping someone weighed one from that era. Anywho, time to make some decisions.
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
It's the old RV weight issue. We don't trust what the factory says it weighs. The dealer is not going to spend any money on scales and possibly scare away potential buyers with the true weight.
I doubt any dealer will let you load up a TC and take it to a scale before you buy it. Same with any RV.
So, the buyer is stuck with a weight he doesn't trust with no solution.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Stircrazy,

That's good info.

I got a final reply from BF and they said that back in 2006 the weights were calculated but it should be pretty close and again, if in doubt, weight it. Even so, if they were accurately at weighting the first unit and kept track, others should be close but how close? I would think 10% but that too is a guess.

So while I appreciate their confidence, I would weigh it and not depend on the label. Sounds like they installed a scale at some point later. He did say this camper was from the "old company" and didn't keep any records. I mailed them the label so they didn't need to look anything up.
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
terrybk wrote:
We are looking at a 2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB camper. The label in the closet says it weighs 2335lbs wet (32 gals of water, two propane tanks, two batteries, etc.) then lists the weights for the options. This one has all options except the generation. I get a total wet weight of 2654lbs.

That seems low for wet weight. Has anyone else weighed their BF camper and compared it to the label? Yes, I know many say the label is a lie, but BF appears to have picked a specific number for the lie (if true!) Maybe the older BF campers were lighter?

I plan on calling BF in the morning and forcing them to confess but I wanted to see if anyone else had some hard numbers against the wet label.

Regards,

Terry

I live an hours drive from the bigfoot factory and have been there several times over the last couple years. the wet weight is what it is. if its any heavier it is because the dealer added somthing when they got it. there should be two weights, on the dry weight before any factory options are added then the wet weight. they actualy weigh the unit when it is done being built with a full water tank, propane and such which they do for there testing before it ships. so the same model can very a bit between each unit depending what factory installed options it has. I have been very impressed with there manufactuing, just not the fact they use rv queens and the price. also the fact you have to wait up to 10 months right now for an order... Northren light is another 30 min down the road.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100