cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Chevy Suburban Cruise control and Trailer Breaks

PSU1999
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Suburban towing a 2005 Starcraft Aruba. I read online that this vehicle is prone to a switch in the break pedal shorting out and cuasing the cruise to not work and I am having this problem. My question is would this affect the trailer breaks? When I connected this spring as soon as I plug in to the tow vehicle the break controler automatically goes up to 50 and the the trailer breaks are engaged and stay on. They do release if I unplug so they aren't rusted but could the break padal switch in the truck cause this? I figured I would rule that out first before starting to try to diagnose the trailer. I did have sporadic break issues last season but the cruise was working on and off then too which is what got me to wondering.
Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2015 Keystone Summerland 2980 BH TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV
2 REPLIES 2

PSU1999
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Did you happen to have this problem? When I talked to dealership today they knew what I was talking about right away and the repair didn't seem to bad. I had trouble last season and thought it was the break controller.
Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2015 Keystone Summerland 2980 BH TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV

hmknightnc
Explorer
Explorer
You got short in pedal sensing system just like you suspect. The trailer brake controller thinks you have your foot on the brake pedal and is activating the breaks. Same thing with cruise control, system thinks you are applying brakes which disengages cruise