cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Jayflight 28 BHS review

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Well after almost 2 months of ownership and 4 trips under my belt I,m going to write a review on my Jayco Jayflight 28 bhs.

Towing - This trailer is easy to tow and back up. The dealership setup on the hitch was wrong so I set it up as per instructions on this site and what a difference. Added 2 friction sway bars but I only notice a difference in x-wind conditions so I tend to leave them off most of the time.

Exterior - likes, power awning, chill n store, outside shower, step handle. Dislikes, chill n store makes rear cargo door entrance half the size(tight squeeze for chairs), needs 3 steps(only has 2), needs power tongue jack(will add my own), no hitch light, no cargo light.

Interior - likes, large sofa, can still use trailer with slide in, bathtub, separate bed room, large kitchen, double over double bunks. Dislikes, Tv is in weird spot(makes neck sore), no ladder for top bunk(not enough room for one), only one roof vent.

Other small issues fixed by dealer at first service such as poor seals around cargo hatch, noisy air conditioning, water heater stopped working(luckily on our last morning of holidays), slide out not sealing when open, loose light fixtures.

Conclusion - So far very happy with this trailer, find it just big enough for the five of us(2 adults 3 kids).
3 REPLIES 3

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Lucky for us it did not rain while the slide was open. Dealer said to fix the problem they had to make an adjustment to the slide.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds a lot like my TT. Why is the slideout not sealing and how will that be fixed before leaks cause damage?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Robby9
Explorer
Explorer
Nice review. Glad you like the TT.