cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Wilderness 3150DS vs. 2012 Jayco 32BHDS

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advise on these two trailers. Similar floor plans. Newer Wilderness is 5k less - have not seen it in person. Can anyone tell me which is the better trailer?
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
8 REPLIES 8

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Wilderness 2750RL and love it. Have had very few issues and Heartland customer service is the best. One point I really liked is Wilderness is made of Azdel. about Azdel
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
I own a Jayco currently but am also looking at ordering a Wilderness 3150. What I've learned over the years is that floorplan and GVWR are the two most important factors for me when it comes to buying my next trailer. They can all leak, have build quality issues, etc. If I can tow it, and the floor plan suits my boys and me, then I can fix any issues that arise.
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

des04004
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a Jay Flight32TSBH and pick it up Friday. We looked at the Wilderness and while nice, we just liked the Jayco tons more. It is a little nicer, but also a little higher in price. We virtually looked almost every bunk slide trailer, and was most impressed With the Jay Flight and the Jay Flight and the Cougar. The Jayco came down to the hard door for both the bedroom and the bunkroom. We did get the Jay Flight with the fiberglass siding.
2008 Ford F-250 Larait V10
2011 Forest River Wildwood T27BHSS (sold)
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH

bwelch
Explorer
Explorer
Ours did not have a ladder built into it. We bought one for it and store it on the top bunk when not in use or traveling so it is out of the way. This works just fine for us.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Just about ever company that makes TTs has a similar floorplan. If you have the tow vehicle for it, I favor the Lacrosse 318.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
bwelch wrote:
We have the 2013 wilderness 3150ds. It is made by Heartland. We do like it a lot. The only thing we do not like so much is that is has curtains instead of doors between the rooms. Other than that, we are very satisfied with it. If you have any questions about it, I will try to answer them for you.

I am still waiting on the guy to get back with me so I can look at it today after work. I have been looking at pictures online. I do have one question - is there a ladder in the back room for the bunks? None of the pictures or videos I have seen show a ladder. Thanks.
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

bwelch
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2013 wilderness 3150ds. It is made by Heartland. We do like it a lot. The only thing we do not like so much is that is has curtains instead of doors between the rooms. Other than that, we are very satisfied with it. If you have any questions about it, I will try to answer them for you.

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot speak to the actual construction of either unit. However, assuming your Wilderness is made by Heartland...have owned both Heartland and Jayco in last 10 years. Without a doubt, Heartland has best customer service. Jayco has a well known name, however, their customer service is the pits. They will pass the buck, lie, and fail to return your phone call. Will never own a Jayco again!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system