cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Host Mammoth

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we busted the piggy bank open, and ordered one in March after seeing it in person.

We had a 1996 Lance 550, and sold that to make the deposit. Host now has dealers again, and is no longer doing factory direct.

After waiting almost 4 months for it, we got it July.. Except the dealer hooked a battery up backwards to it, and fried an inverter, and blew fuses on the charger and radio.

We had 3 extras added:

1) Black tank flush. Wifey said "no more hoses inside the camper, please".
2) Seelevel gauges. I didn't think the traditional gauges was any good - ie, 1/3 2/3 full leds (especially with a 65 gallon water tank, 51 gallon grey tank!)
3) PD built in surge protector.

We also picked the Cherry wood color with Sage cushions - the chocolate made things just too dark inside.

The bad news was, they have soo many orders, they didn't check the order sheet when they built ours and messed up the interior colors. Given the blown up electrical and the wrong interior colors, they requested the unit to come back to the factory if possible.

So, after several weeks of waiting for vacation time and parts to arrive at the factory, I loaded up the unit and went back to the factory with it.

We decided to nit-pick the camper to get every minor detail fixed when it was there (one of the reasons to go - it had more issues than just electrical and color).

So far, we love the room in this camper. We can easily get 7+ people in it. The bathroom space is just incredible - it's actually very, very usable.

Yes, I carry the camper on a 2001 F250/7.3 with 6spd/4x4 with factory HD suspension, Vision 19.5's/Kumho's 245/G range, air bags in the rear, helwig rear sway bar and bilstein HD shocks. The truck/camper handles the same as before with the Lance on it, and does not have excessive sway.

I even know what the weights are empty and loaded, I cat scaled the truck and camper, and plan to weigh again with full load of water to see how the weight is distributed.

No, I'm not going to buy a DRW, we know the F250 over it's GVW. We do not tow a trailer, so I'm not worried about it; it's actually lighter than our previous setup (F250/Lance 550/trailer + samurai).

I've put the pictures and a short walk thru video on my google+ page at Host 2014 Mammoth Camper album
32 REPLIES 32

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
When is your delivery date? I have mine ordered, but holding out until the 2018's are released.

Jan 19, 2017 I do not know when the model years change. They start building it in a week.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
The new model year should start with the April builds. Host continues to change their models through the year as they modify and improve their line, but the titles don't change until Spring. FWIW: My Weekend Warrior was built May 2005 and was titled as a 2006 model. My 2012 Arctic Fox was built just before the 2013 model year but has some 2013 elements.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the new model come out in march/april? I think that's when my production changed.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Bedlam
When is your delivery date? I have mine ordered, but holding out until the 2018's are released.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great thread with some useful info on weights. I just ordered the same camper yesterday. Yes I know its 3 years old.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
YIKES!

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
ck1 wrote:
awesome camper.Bathroom set up is incredible..dont need to disclose the price you paid but did u pay less then retail? just curious on how much they are dealing these days
Cameron

Here is a 2013.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
although it seems unsightly to be staring at an open bathroom toilet/sink i would say that is the most ingenious bathroom in a truck camper i have seen. i would always have the toilet/sink hidden when not in use though.

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
It was under retail, but the pricing structure totally changed after I ordered since they went back to dealer network.

ck1
Explorer
Explorer
awesome camper.Bathroom set up is incredible..dont need to disclose the price you paid but did u pay less then retail? just curious on how much they are dealing these days
Cameron
2003 3500 Heavy Duty quad Cab 2wd SLT CTD DRW Auto 4.10
2008 Lance 1055
68 MBZ 280SL Roadster...
47 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe
67 ford Falcon
91 Jeep Cherokee
95 Jeep Wrangler
photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/ck1105

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
tad94564 wrote:

....(there is a sliding door between the bathroom and shower - yes, total privacy, and a HUGE bathroom to boot!).....

If DW sees the above, we will be holding a wake for my wallet.

Thx for the info!

My wallet started running when the wifey found out it could be ordered with a king size bed in the cab over, which we did get..

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
tad94564 wrote:

....(there is a sliding door between the bathroom and shower - yes, total privacy, and a HUGE bathroom to boot!).....

If DW sees the above, we will be holding a wake for my wallet.

Thx for the info!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
tad94564 wrote:

The tires and rims are not over, and neither are the axles. There is Vision 19.5 rims, with Kumho G rated tires (4500 lbs per tire/rim) on the truck. The truck came from the factory with the heavy duty suspension - the exact same suspension as the F350's of that era (look up the spring codes - they are the same)

Great! Glad to hear it! Too many people dont do their their homework and you did!

Just two questions if I may:
1. My wife is drooling over that thing and wants to know can you get in it with all the slides in?
2. What is the wet weight? I am curious!

Unfortunately, you cannot get in it when the rear slide is in, it is a total door blocker. You can some with the two sides in, but all you need is pick on, open it and you can get all the way to the front (there is a sliding door between the bathroom and shower - yes, total privacy, and a HUGE bathroom to boot!)

The weight as measured was 4200lbs; the camper does not have awning (the kitchen slide kinda blocks it), no generator (last camper had a generator, after 10years, only about 15 hours of use), no solar panels, no water, 60lbs of propane, one walmart max29 battery.

Host wants way too much for the awning, generator, solar panels.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
tad94564 wrote:

The tires and rims are not over, and neither are the axles. There is Vision 19.5 rims, with Kumho G rated tires (4500 lbs per tire/rim) on the truck. The truck came from the factory with the heavy duty suspension - the exact same suspension as the F350's of that era (look up the spring codes - they are the same)

Great! Glad to hear it! Too many people dont do their their homework and you did!

Just two questions if I may:
1. My wife is drooling over that thing and wants to know can you get in it with all the slides in?
2. What is the wet weight? I am curious!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us