cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Overland Expo

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if I missed this, but is anyone heading out to the Overland Expo on May 20-22, 2016 near Flagstaff, Arizona ? I am thinking about heading out there with the family.
Thanks,
Brian
22 REPLIES 22

rottidawg
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes....the dry lakebed in sunny warm Arizona last year.
Did have a great time and I would highly recommend 4wd.

2012 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4x4 gas
2012 Four Wheel Camper Hawk
2008 Harley Street Glide

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
CAJW wrote:
Just read on the Overland website today that their "no reservation needed" campground is now "soldout". All reservable campgrounds I can find within about 20 miles are booked which puts us driving 700+ miles in hopes we can find some dispersed camping somewhere else. Better be a good event.......

Clicky

When I was there in '13 they had a huge field for dry camping. The last couple years have not been too dry tho!!!
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Just read on the Overland website today that their "no reservation needed" campground is now "soldout". All reservable campgrounds I can find within about 20 miles are booked which puts us driving 700+ miles in hopes we can find some dispersed camping somewhere else. Better be a good event.......

Clicky
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be there. This is one of my favorite events of the entire year. Lot's of cool rigs, gear, and seminars.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
I'v wanted to go, but as disasterous as the weather has been the last 2 years, I'm too skittish to drive 1000 miles and then chance having to deal with rain/mud/snow/wind

To me this time of year is the most interesting and challenging best time of year to travel.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Another one to consider, on a smaller scale, is the NW Overland Rally up in WA State, towards the end of June.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I'v wanted to go, but as disasterous as the weather has been the last 2 years, I'm too skittish to drive 1000 miles and then chance having to deal with rain/mud/snow/wind
Bob

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
just checking back in to see if anyone is planning on attending. I guess it might be kind of quiet this year in Flagstaff, AZ.