cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Ram 2500- Airbag Question

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 ram 2500 with coil springs and im going to put airbags on it. Les schwab said they have air bags that go right in the middle of the coil spring and I have also seen pictures of air bags installed between the tire and coil spring. Is there an advantage to either one? Les schwab quoted me $498 installed for inside of spring but havent price check outside of springs.
2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 LB
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB
7 REPLIES 7

Admin
Forum Rules
You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators.

See thread in Truck Campers

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

markowwes
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a great ride install a kit from Kelderman, get rid of the springs all together. Quite expensive but you wont regret it. I did a 2018 F550 front and rear. rides like a Caddy now. Can dump the system when unloading camper and don't have to lift is as far up to load.

https://kelderman.com/

Wes

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
Ya I just went to les schwabs again to price out the bags that go between tire and coil spring which im going to do and they wanted $764 installed. I about crapped, amazon has them for $314, just the bags price was 556$ at LS
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it was me I'd go for the outboard mounted air bags (between the tire and coil springs). Positioning the bags outboard as much as possible increases axle leverage to help reduce sway, plus reduce sag. Placing bags inside the OEM coils will reduce sag, but IMO does little to nothing to decrease sway (vs. stock).

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, ya I didnt think about getting a price on the outside ones but have heard a price of around 300 before. Think thats the way Ill go.
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Schwaby is charging about $300 to install the other ones. They cost about $200.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The in the spring bags are generally far less capacity than the other double convolute bags.
If you need just a little help, the inside the spring bags are a decent option but not near as robust.
Doubt the external airbags cost much more if any, installed. Outside bags are bolt on, super easy to install. Inside bags require dropping the axle and removing the coils to install.
You can get a set of Firestone bags shipped to your door for $350 and it’s a 2 beer install. It’s the way to go imo
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold