cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Host Cascade

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Let the build begin! Just finalized the price and build sheet, should receive it by the end of April, first of May.

As some of you know I have bounced around a few TC's and a couple of TT's the last 10 years, DONE! This is a 10 year rig minimum. Ton of money for a blue collar working stiff, but this is our entertainment and will get used 12 months out of the year. We love traveling around on our weekends and on our vacations and think this is the perfect size and fit for us. Ultimately we couldn't get comfortable in a dinette and I HATED towing around a TT, HATED it!!

I upgraded my SRW to a DRW last year so i'm pretty confident it should haul it safe and comfortable. Here's our build sheet-

6' couch with high low table-Ultra
Single recliner-Ultra
32" Main TV
AM/FM/CD/DVD 4 speakers
Microwave
3 Burner Range/Oven
According privacy bedroom door
120v Fireplace
Upgraded Heke escape hatch
9k AC (for use with 2k geni)
DSI gas/electric water
160 watt solar w/monitor
Dual 6-volts
Swing out brackets
Power passenger side awning
Storage bay slide out tray
Custom retrofit generator compartment to fit 2k geni

I'll post a bunch of pics when i get it. Here's a video of our layout with the couch and 1 chair.

Host Cascade

Host Link
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
94 REPLIES 94

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Area13,

Congratulations! I can vouch for the comfort and no more dinette fatigue! Love the photo with the dog!

We are still not back in Alabama, so we have spent every night since 21st of March in our new camper.

Also agree with the Kevin comments. Very positive experience.

Fastbreak,

We might be in Florida in about 10 days.. Drop by. I owe you a meal.
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

71stpsde
Explorer
Explorer
I figure with a full tank of water and some gear, you'll be right at 13k. Depends on how many passengers and how much gear, but you'll be able to adjust with how much water you fill. Should be a great camper.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
71stpsde wrote:
Looks good! Do you plan on getting a weight with the camper on? I weighed my 2006 F350 dually and I was at 7840lbs. That was gas tank full and my fat butt in the seat. Would be nice to see if I could get one and keep me under 13k?

Thanks! I have been plannin on gettin weights, if I do i'll post. I'm just over 4100lbs dry, that's a real dry weight from the factory including 2-6 volt batteries, side awning, solar, basically all options I ordered, no gear or liquids.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

71stpsde
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good! Do you plan on getting a weight with the camper on? I weighed my 2006 F350 dually and I was at 7840lbs. That was gas tank full and my fat butt in the seat. Would be nice to see if I could get one and keep me under 13k?

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Looks good. May 5th is a TC gathering in Prosser so I won't be the only Host owner attending...

Thx Bedlam. 5/5 is one of only 2 shrimping days for the entire year in the south sound.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Faststreak wrote:
Looks great area 13 love those Cascades. Sounds like Kevin treated you right. We are headed to Florida for about 8 or 9;days in ours Wednesday. Enjoy your camper! Eddie

Thanks Eddie! Enjoy your trip!
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Oregun wrote:
Congrats , looks great. Have you considered raising the carport with railroad ties or beams
instead of digging down?

Thanks. Ya, just think it will be easier to lower the river than raise the bridge in this scenario. There's actually a slope in front of the carport, will be nice to level it out with the extra dirt/gravel.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats , looks great. Have you considered raising the carport with railroad ties or beams
instead of digging down?

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great area 13 love those Cascades. Sounds like Kevin treated you right. We are headed to Florida for about 8 or 9;days in ours Wednesday. Enjoy your camper! Eddie

Bedlam
Looks good. May 5th is a TC gathering in Prosser so I won't be the only Host owner attending...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!!!
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Picked Her up Friday, stayed in it that night, picking it up at Apachee in Portland was fine. In and out in 2 hours and on the road. If anyone is thinking about getting a Host, build it online and tell Randall to send it to them, best price, hands down. You will most likely be dealing with the owner Kevin, straight shooter, no fluff. I got mine for a little over 20% off of MSRP and a 2019 at the cheaper 2018 price since I got in early and waited.

First thing I noticed was it was not really squatting at all with my truck setup, had 19.5 PSI in the bags, probably less or none needed. Pulling out of Apachee making my first turn on to the roadway I knew I was going to be good. Being my 4th TC it felt solid with no swaying and bouncing around. This is by far my heaviest TC, but my first on a dually, solid. I had little to no gear on board, but water was 3/4 full. Hitting the highway I was super cautious at first, but by the time I was an hour in I turned the radio on and was doing the speed limit (70MPH). The setup felt better than I hoped. I sold my last setup because of white knuckles, so pretty (very) happy so far. One down side so far is the mattress, FIRM, like cement, GONE! Floor space is massive, couch and recliner are super comfortable, long trips will be easy peasy, no dinette fatigue. Pretty amazing setup for a 10'6" rig. Fireplace was hotter than we thought, nice upgrade and never ran the furnace (on AC). Ultimately the Wife is super happy giving up Her huge TT (that I hated towing) for these creature comforts. Gotta admit they're pretty sweet even though it's not for some.

We have a trip planned for 4 days of razor clammin at the ocean in a week and 1/2, so i'll know more then and maybe get some better pics, but so far i'm impressed, fit and finish along with overall quality seem very good. Also impressed with the slides, super quick and solid.

SO, I knew I would be a little tall for my 12' carport, yep. I was. Looks like i'm about 12'4" top of my AC. Dirt guy will be by to dig me down 6", glad i'm not on a cement pad!

Click For Full-Size Image.

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Cool floorplan...we are still going back and forth on what our next RV will be. I'm holding out for another TC.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
MrPhelps wrote:
The unit examined at Ohio dealership with similar other options (exceptions: std dinette and two theater seats w/ onan generator, and included full propane and batteries) was estimated by dealer at 4,250.

Weight sticker from factory was 4,060 lbs.

If you email Randall He should have your dry weight. He had mine to the pound with my options.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
That's light for what you are getting.

What I was thinking. Hopefully she rides decent.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73