cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Lance 1062 Price

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
What do you guys think of this price for a 2019 Lance 1062? It has a generator, Ultra bumper, rear electric awning, all weather package. I'm not sure if some of this is stock or options.

$42995
(MSRP$64389)
Thanks,
Rick
2019 Ram 3500 CC/8' bed/DRW/4WD/factory air leveling
CTD HO/Aisin/4:10/max tow package
58 REPLIES 58

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
I've never herd of Camping World selling new truck campers. It may be a trade in?

They have a quite a few of them at this location. They also sell Arctic Fox. He claims CW is the biggest truck camper dealer in the country.

Camping World

The one I was looking at is the 10th one down.

Rick

Bedlam
I've never herd of Camping World selling new truck campers. It may be a trade in?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Now what preparation?

The way I understood it was this was for getting it ready to take home and spending time showing me how to use it etc. Sounds like BS to me and should be included in the price.

I also forgot to mention when I was out there today I notice 2 cracks at the top of the shower surround. He said a new surround would be ordered and installed. I'm not to sure I want a brand new camper torn up.

I probably also should have mentioned the dealer is CW. From what I understand that's probably not a good thing.

Thanks,
Rick

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of heavy stuff comes with freight charge.
I paid almost $400 for pool slide, so $495 for TC is not bad.
Now what preparation?

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
Prep is a dealer add on.
Freight is a real cost that if not included in the manufactures sticker can be added.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
They're adding in $995 (prep) and $495 (freight). Is this typical on top of the asking price?

Thanks,
Rick

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
All the silly Dodge v Ram v my truck is better than yours schitt aside, I can't tell you what the best price is. But sounds like you have a good handle on that. Stick to what you feel is right. You're paying a premium for "brand new" and also in a geographical area where there aren't as many TCs to choose from, so it may be worth looking elsewhere. Internet is great for that, now that you have major models and major features you want figured out. Then you can compare what the local guy is offering vs taking a trip for a new camper and the savings and cost associated with that.

Equally as important, it appears you have re-considered what you'd be good with for weight on your truck. Have you set up your truck for hauling a big (or any) camper yet?
Don't get schmoozed into paying a premium for that if you pull the trigger on a camper and the dealer "offers" to set up the truck for you.

Good luck in your search. You're contemplating some very nice campers, all of which will make for fun adventures!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
dwrat wrote:
Riley01 wrote:
restlessways wrote:
It seems to me that msrp is inflated. I have never seen a 1062 with that high of an msrp. What I did was contact the factory for a price sheet so I know exactly what the manufacturer suggests.

You were right, I questioned the sales guy and got the price sheet. It turns out it's $60,049. It looks to have just about every option available.

Thanks,
Rick

Typical dealer games, pretty sad IMO.
Tell them when they want to sell it to give you a call.
Salespeople are trained to know when they have a fish on the hook and you're the fish currently.
WALK AWAY.....

I made it clear yesterday I was a buyer but he may not be the seller. I have to decide if I want to make an offer or not. If I do and they don't like it I will walk. There are plenty of other campers out there.

Rick

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:
restlessways wrote:
It seems to me that msrp is inflated. I have never seen a 1062 with that high of an msrp. What I did was contact the factory for a price sheet so I know exactly what the manufacturer suggests.

You were right, I questioned the sales guy and got the price sheet. It turns out it's $60,049. It looks to have just about every option available.

Thanks,
Rick

Typical dealer games, pretty sad IMO.
Tell them when they want to sell it to give you a call.
Salespeople are trained to know when they have a fish on the hook and you're the fish currently.
WALK AWAY.....

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
restlessways wrote:

Thanks,
Rick

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a Dodge to me.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
restlessways wrote:
It's actually a RAM, not a Dodge. You won't find a Dodge emblem anywhere on the vehicle. That ship sailed in 2012. Further, it's got the best, longest lasting powerplant available today.

Since you guys went there, itโ€™s worthy of some kidding.

Funny that they had to change the name of Dodge because it was โ€œsoโ€ good. Also, your Cummins is not the longest lasting powerplant available today if it was built in 2012 or after. Even the PSD 6.7 predates that. Based on all of the tests Iโ€™ve read, Cummins in the RAM or Dodge are the slowest least powerful engine available. Maybe thatโ€™s what you meant.

Glad you like your truck. After all, you are one paying/paid for it.

Have a great weekend.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:
dwrat wrote:
Riley01 wrote:

I'm told by others here the truck is up to the task.

2019 Ram 3500 CC/LB DRW 4WD air ride
CTD HO Aisin/4:10 Max Tow package

Thanks,
Rick

Only problem I see with your truck is it's a Dodge.
Otherwise your 100% good to go.
Now go make a deal and post up a picture.

LOL, I don't have any allegiances to brands and will drive whichever I like best. At the start of my search Ford was on top and Ram was 3rd. I just liked the Ram best. Different strokes...

Rick

Ya, the Cummins is a great motor for sure.
But being I run the 3500 Dually Club with over 1,000 members I have to give you a poke for buying a Dodge.
http://www.moveitorloseitfl.com/DuallyClubRoster.htm

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
dwrat wrote:
Riley01 wrote:

I'm told by others here the truck is up to the task.

2019 Ram 3500 CC/LB DRW 4WD air ride
CTD HO Aisin/4:10 Max Tow package

Thanks,
Rick

Only problem I see with your truck is it's a Dodge.
Otherwise your 100% good to go.
Now go make a deal and post up a picture.

LOL, I don't have any allegiances to brands and will drive whichever I like best. At the start of my search Ford was on top and Ram was 3rd. I just liked the Ram best. Different strokes...

Rick

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III