cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 Gaseser data.

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
The whole video discusses the Duramax and chassis as well.

But the beginning discusses the new 6.6 which I am interested in it to replace my 6.0 gasser. I don't really need a diesel and only use my trucks to tow.
2020 GM 2500HD

I like the stainless steel exhaust manifolds. I can't think of any other gasser with that from the factory. Should be helpful with heat cycles.
I wish it looked better not a fan of the looks, but I like the sound of the drivetrain.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.
19 REPLIES 19

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Can you explain the term siamesed cylinders,TY.

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Can you explain the term siamesed cylinders,TY.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco23FB wrote:
I was interested in the 6.6 gasser to replace my 6.0 as well until I found out the 6.6 gas will have siamesed cylinders. I remember all the overheat problems the small block 400 had using siamesed cylinders. I think I will pass on this one.

I would assume that with the advanced CAD modeling they can do these days that it wouldn’t be an issue. I could be wrong.

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
I was interested in the 6.6 gasser to replace my 6.0 as well until I found out the 6.6 gas will have siamesed cylinders. I remember all the overheat problems the small block 400 had using siamesed cylinders. I think I will pass on this one.
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
I think it will be a good engine for sure. I don’t like the new Chevy look of the 2500 but the gmc version looks nice. With Ford releasing the 7.3 and GM releasing the 6.6, gas trucks will sell more in my opinion. All though I’ve always felt the current gas offerings are worth it and more then capable of pulling loads. Their so reliable now and really have been for years. We pull with gas and diesel and to be honest, diesel has an edge on pulling and staying in gears in the hills but only because it’s got a huge turbo. But for me gas does everything I need it to do, without regen or dpf or any other emissions issues that we have had with the diesel version. With newer and larger displacements of gas engine offerings, I will stay with gas and I’m sure several fleets across the country will do the same.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.