cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22' 0r 25'? Does Size Matter?

wsc7050
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all and thank you in advance for any insight. Here is my quandary. I currently have a 2010 Nash 22h and an 07 5.9 cummins 2500. The trailer is great. 120w solar, super clean, and paid for! I have finally got a break from the real world and will be heading out in the spring of 2017 for a year plus trip. My family is my wife and I, our 22 month old, and our sweet but #110 dog. We have made quite a few local trips in the 22h and it has worked great. Tight but I'm grateful. But now that my son is mobile and I'm looking at an extended period in the trailer, I have started thinking about not wanting to have to put down the table in order for my son to be able to go to sleep. I don't really need to be convinced on more room, but I'm concerned about a larger trailer being a pain and limiting. If we went bigger it would more than likely be the Nash 25c as it really seems to be a great price point vs. quality trailer. Although I'm open to suggestions!
So here is the deal. Will a 25 limit me substantially more than the 22? My truck is the mega cab so it is long! We plan on driving cross country and are more of "off the beaten path" type of people, but we are realistic.
Any input from people who have done a longer trip would be greatly appreciated. Matt
22 REPLIES 22

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
No issues. Go for it. When you get into the 30 ft range, then you might have some things to consider and be picky on sites. My previous TT was 26 ft, and I had no issues going anywhere I wanted. Current TT is 32 ft, and I just have to be selective on sites... still not a real issue.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Does length matter? Sure. There are places one can go, and more campsites one can use, with a shorter trailer. That said, 22 vs. 25 isn't really going to matter much. It seems to be around 27 or so that things get more limited.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
The first question should be can you handle the new, larger payment? As others have said the towing with weight distribution bars and a sway control bar should not be an issue.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
Hands down, a longer trailer will give you more storage and more 'living room'.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
The real question is which size is more comfortable for us when at a site.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The longer they are the easier they back up, if the wheel base is longer. I tow 36 feet with crew cab and 8 foot bed trunk. Never had a problem driving anywhere. With this length I just have to pick camp sites a little more careful. 2 or 3 feet will make no difference.

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
You will not notice a big difference in towing and only a little tougher to back in. Still fits most state park sites easily. I would go for it.

You can also look at Outdoors RV and Arctic Fox. Made by the same people in the same plants as your Nash. Just slight differences in finishes, fabrics etc. All the construction is the same across all their product lines so windows, frames, insulation, roofing, subfloors etc. are exactly the same from one to the next. Should give you some options as far as color choices of fabrics etc.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see 3 feet as being a problem. Have there been places you've been where 3 feet more length would have meant you couldn't go there?
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear