cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2450 Miles and home

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We left 10 days ago for a trip. We left Fl and headed to Benton, KY, stopped in Chatanooga for the night. 2 days later proceeded to Canton, Ohio via Louisville and Cincinnati. We spent the night in Oregonian, Ohio and then an Amish campground in Winesburg, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall was awesome! 3.5 hours there was well worth it. Beckley, WV was our next stop and checked out the Coal Mine Exhibition. Southwest Va was our next stop to visit my cousin for several days. My. Airy, NC (Mayberry) was next. We stayed at Mayberry Campground and did the tourist thing most of the day. Denver, NC was our final overnighter, 2450 miles and only saw 6 truck campers, 2 of those in Fl. At times we have tossed around thoughts about going to the dark side but for traveling and heavy traffic, I am content, besides you can't have it all. DH doesn't like to be gone from home for too long. It was a great trip!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.
4 REPLIES 4

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to remember that Pro Football Hall of Fame the next time I travel that way. I'm not a sports fan but the DH is and a stop like that buys me some brownie points 😉
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

bowl2764
Explorer
Explorer
lap527 Where did you stay in Chattanooga. We are looking at a trip soon to the Chattanooga / Cleveland area. Thanks

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
My specialty is 10-day trips. A lot of scenery and fun can be packed into one.

Thanks for the trip report.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where are the pictures? We need pictures.:B