cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28' bunk house suggestions?

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
Currently have a the 28' QBSS Radiance by Cruiser RV. I paid roughly $20K brand new last year which I Thought was a decent deal for the product.

I like everything except for the fact that the slide blocks everything when closed. Cant get to the rear bunks for loading and unloading, cant get to the toilet.

All these 28' bunk houses appear to have a similar layout. What I DO like is the solid wall of cabinets between the front bedroom and the living area whereas most seem to have a curtain or double slide doors which make it seem less like a bedroom. Outdoor kitchen and large slide area are nice as well.

Just wondering what other trailers in this length (33' overall) there are which might be more accessible. It's not really a deal breaker but it feels like I am opening and closing the slide so much just to load and unload. It seems most are in the 31' range for a little more flexibility. 33' fits on my driveway perfect so going longer will screw that up and block the sidewalk which is illegal.

2016-07-08_12-45-17 by RoyBelluomini, on Flickr
14 REPLIES 14

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 298BH. We remove dinette table and leave the bathroom door open. You now can do your business on the road with the slide in. Not sure why you need to access the bunks with the slide but you can squeeze into the rear. On long tows taking a lunch break at a rest area, I just put the slide out and relax for an hour, snooze on the couch. I really like the unit but the only real complaint is that the Amish must be the tiniest people, the bathroom is tight. This unit can sleep ten, not that I would do that but has lots of options if you have the need.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Kingfish1
Explorer
Explorer
My Sunset Trail 270 bh. Has a deep slide and I can access the bunks and the bathroom with the slide in. The bathroom can also be accessed by a dedicated door as well.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have the solid bedroom doors but can access the lower bunk, bathroom ( it has a door tto the outside) and through the bathroom the kitche With slide in. Can also get to front bedroom.

Side question. Our manual says slide all in or all out? How are you all only sliding a little? When we load/unload we slide it out. Takes a minute to do.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
Ok , maybe you can leave the bathroom door open when you put the slide in . I do this an leave my table down and I can get in the bathroom. I can squeeze in to the bunk area , but I send a kid in if need be

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We have a deep slide and a bunk slide. The only things that are accessible are the front bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom has its own exterior door. To load up, we only need to put the slide out a few inches or so to access everything.

Before leaving camp we pile all of the stuff that needs to come out in the front bedroom. That way we can unload from just one spot without have to run the slides out again. It's also much easier pulling everything from one spot versus running back and forth throughout the trailer.

Sounds like you really like the trailer besides for the slide issue. I would save the money. There's no perfect trailer. You'll find some annoyances with all of them.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had my trailer since 2006. Can't access the bunk room with the super slide in. It has never been an issue in 10 years! For bathroom stops we either use the rest stop facilities or open the slide just enough to use the bathroom.

I wouldn't trade it in just because of that one small concern. After a while you won't even realize it was ever a problem!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Our mallard m29 you can get to the bunk beds and bathroom easy with the slide in. Not roomy I would not like to camp that way but for quick overnight parking it works

drumming102
Explorer
Explorer
My passport 2920BH is not bad. You can get everywhere but the bathroom. but if you take out the table (We travel without it installed) you can get to everything.
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 Keystone Passport 2920BH

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
KZ Sportsman showstopper 302. My 2015 301 was replaced by this. We often eat at rest stops without moving the slide. We like it a lot. 29 foot cabin length.
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Jayco 28BHBE. We have one with no complaints. Can access bathroom and fridge with slide in. The lower bunk is easily accessible with slide in as well. I don't recall if the ladder for upper bunk can be pulled out far enough with slide in though.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design Imagine 2800BH addresses your problems. Its my next TT...I just sold my current last week instead of trading it in.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Jayco 28 BHBE, about 33' oal.The bunks are blocked by the slide from what I recall when shopping last year, but the bathroom has an outside entrance door directly into it. I don't remember how accessible the fridge is with the slide in.

Good luck!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

engine31
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30' with a slide and yes its the same configuration as yours with a deep slide I usually just push out the slid a little bit for access if on the road and someone need the bathroom as for loading and unloading I open it up all the way for access. We went from 27' and no slide to 30' and deep slide i guess I have just learned to get around it.

hbrady
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT (30' Bunk House) has a narrow slide but it seems every newer model now has really deep slides which makes the TT unusable when they are closed. Maybe I'm wrong but that sure seems to be the case. It's nice on long trips to pull into a rest stop and use the kitchen and access the fridge. The disadvantage of my narrow slide is that it doesn't add much room when it's open :R Good luck in your search, I'll be interested to see if you find anything.

Here's a picture that shows how narrow my slide is.
2015 RAM 2500 HD Crew Cab w/ 5.7L Gas
2018 SportTrek 290vik
Blue Ox SwayPro