Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

8 foot bed?

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market foR
a used f 350 diesel crew cab with an 8 foot bed it's like finding a needle in a haystack, has anybody else noticed its hard to find a crew cab with an 8 foot bed single rear wheel? Thanks Lou
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
34 REPLIES 34

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess they are not popular between private vehicles due big turning radius.
I used to own CC Chevy years ago and it took 5 lanes for U-turn.
My present extra cab dually has bigger turning angle on front wheels due coils springs, but with extended wheelbase, making 5 points turns on parking lots is common.
Are you firm on CC ?
Extended cab does for most of the campers.

LineC
Explorer
Explorer
I am military and we use them to drive 5mph around the flightline checking on aircraft. Have 3 early 2000 7.3 crew long bed's sitting beside me right now with 38k miles on them. Might get lucky on government liquidation website if you can stand the blue color.
2005 2500HD SRW SB Ext-cab 4x4 3.73 8.1L/Allison 145k *SuperHitch/Torklift's/Stableload
2008 Lance 830 (tent)

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
My local ford dealer has a couple on his lot. Pm me for his name if interested

Tvov
Explorer II
Explorer II
From what I've seen, those trucks are usually crew trucks for utility companies, railroads, or similar large companies. If you know of any vehicle auctions in your area that may be a place to look.

One guy I met, many years ago, bought what sounds like you are looking for. He knew a salesman that worked at a car dealership that sold a lot of fleet vehicles to the local utility company. They had two vehicles left over from an order (or they had to be repaired, or something), and he got one for a great price. It wasn't overly luxurious, but it had air conditioning!

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
I should specify the 8 foot bed in that combo is hard to find
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator