cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ac install possible??

pedals
Explorer
Explorer
hi there I have a 2001 Fleetwood hybrid travel trailer 721c. i'm looking to put an air conditioning unit in it but i'm not sure if it's able to take one. I took apart the middle roof vent and the inside of the roof has steal all around the vent and the other roof vent just has wood so I believe this to be some type of metal supports for the a/c unit. It has a sticker on the ceiling close to the vent in regard to a/c unit wire being run although I'm not sure where it's run too I can't see a spot in the ceiling that it is suppose to come out of and the roof vent metal brackets don't have any holes in them. Am I right that this metal in the rood vent hole is support for an a/c unit, and where would the wires be if the wires are prerun for this trailer. Any help??
9 REPLIES 9

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Rookiecamper wrote:
llowllms...I think Chuck was referring to the post directly before yours from dadmomh.

Yep, I think you're right.

Rookiecamper
Explorer
Explorer
llowllms...I think Chuck was referring to the post directly before yours from dadmomh.
Me~Jim,58
DW~Patty, no comment

2017 Expedition
2014 Starcraft Launch 21FBS

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_S wrote:
Except the vent in the bathroom is low wattage 12vDC and the air conditioner needs about 2400watts of 120vAC. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Chuck

The wiring I was referring to was the wiring where he wants to install the a/c not in the bath room.

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Except the vent in the bathroom is low wattage 12vDC and the air conditioner needs about 2400watts of 120vAC. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Wiring is usually roughed in by the opening for the vent you looked at.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a power vent in the bathroom, could you use that opening as the wiring would already be there.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
RV AC units fit in the same 14" square hole as a vent. No clue where the wiring may be in your trailer, though.

Check the AC panel as it needs to start there on it's own breaker. If it's factory wired this will offer clues.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Not uncommon for manufacturers to do this incase the dealer adds a/c for the customer. One can be added since the rig is pre wired for a/c.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try contacting the manufacturer as they should be able to tell you what you need to know or see if an indepedent rv technician can give you some advice. Seems to me you should be able to do it.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption