cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on selling

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks, It's been quite a while sine I've posted here, but I'm looking for some advice on selling.

Due to health issues and the need for a walk around bed, my wife and I are going to the dark side and ordered a a new Rockwood 2109S

I've been searching online and can't find any other 2010 Jayco 17z like mine for sale to get an idea of what to ask for it.

I did check NADA and I've read that you shouldn't include options which is fine. However, the trailer is not only practically mint, but has been significantly upgraded. Not the least of which was converting from 13" to 14" radials with aluminum wheels.

NADA gives a low retail and an average retail. Should I ask a something higher than the "average retail" and hope to get at least the average?

Thanks in advance!

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran
6 REPLIES 6

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I see nothing wrong with the phrase "negotiable" as it can increase the amount of traffic for the sale. There is nothing to say you have to take a lower offer. Someone may offer you a price you can live with.

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. My goal is to try and not end up too far below the NADA low average which when I did it without adding any options was $6300.

I'm one of the worst salesman there is and I everything I've ever sold was listed and sold for lower than it should've been. I'm always afraid to take advantage of people.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
If it truly is mint,(and not just because you own it) price it at high average and be negotiable. I have never answered an ad and not tried for a better deal. I would not put "negotiable" in the ad, it just invites people to beat you up!
Advertise on as many forums as you can think of,(craigslist, letgo, facebook, wallapop, etc)if you get no hits lower your asking.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Unfortunately, you can upgrade a million dollars in a $10 camper and it will still only be worth $10!

Well said!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I think I might list at high average and ad a phrase negotiable. You can't go up in price but you can always drop down.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, you can upgrade a million dollars in a $10 camper and it will still only be worth $10! Unfortunately, I doubt very much if you'll recoup your accessory investments. Consider it money lost, price it reasonable and get out of it whatever you can.

If you paid new for the camper, subtract about 35% for the first year, subtract 15% for the second year, and another 10% for each year after, and that's probably what you can sell it for. (maybe)