cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amerilite trailers

Reddog49
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have info on Amerilite trailers? Considering purchasing one and would like some reviews. Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

surgtech56
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Ameri-Lite 23BW and no problems. We loved the floor plan, the size and the price.

sitesseeingusa
Explorer
Explorer
Since I last posted in this thread, I purchased a 2011 Ameri-Lite 255BH. I LOVE it. I don't have much experience with it yet, but I can say that in the 104 degree heat, the A/C almost froze us out of there. So that's a good step in the right direction!

The original owner upgraded to the mattress topper and it's wonderful.
Brandy

Follow our journey as we take our first month-long RV trip with our two young children in June 2013!

http://www.sitesseeingusa.com

2011 Ameri-Lite 255BH

scottykrug
Explorer
Explorer
X2
We have a 24BH and love it. I am 250# and have no problem with sagging benches or beds. I agree with Jim's mattress assessment though, it is about as thick as a slice of bread. The topper was the best investment.
2009 Ram 3500 Mega 6.7TD
2015 Puma Palomino 295BHSS
Copilot (DW) Navigator (DD) Flight Engineer (DS)

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We have a amerilite 25bh and are very happy with it.
We see temps from 25 to 100 and stay comfy. It also has held up on the rough roads where we boondock.
I weigh 220+ and the benches don't sink on me.
My one complaint is the mattress. You'll need a topper or like we did just replace it.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Reddog49
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for your input. It seems to me that all brands will have issues from time to time, but the reviews seem pretty good to me Thanks again and Happy, Healthy Camping to you all!

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 16BH as per the signature. Light, easy to tow, and has been a lot of trouble free fun. We owned Class A and Class C MH's for 25 years and fulltimed for 7 years. Having this trailer is like being a kid again......
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

bsbeedub
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 23bw and love it so far. I am typing from the dinette right now. We got ours in June of 2010 and have no major issues at all. Of course it went to the dealer for a few minor issues and all was taken care of. We have camped about 50 nights so far since then and absolutely love it. It seems to hold heat pretty well too. We have been out in mid 30's and have been very comfortable. It is an entry level unit but we have been very satisfied so far. We got ours from Byerly RV in Eureka, MO near St. Louis. They have done everything to our satisfaction. If you want good inexpensive quality this is a very good choice.
Bob & Susan
Shelby the Beagle June 8, 2005 - Dec. 24, 2016
2018 Ram 3500 6.4 HEMI, long bed, 4.10โ€™s
2021 Coachman Chaparral Lite 25 RE
2011 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 23BW - retired
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - retired

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Am I allowed to reccommend a dealer on here? If not I will remove the link. Newby's RV down here in Tennessee is the best RV dealer I have ever delt with.
Newby's RV
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

sitesseeingusa
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to another dealer today and asked about the Ameri-Lites. They said that the walls were extremely thin (compared to their competitors) and that they do that to keep the weight down. Additionally, they mentioned that the benches are not reinforced with plywood, so depending on how you use the bench, you may sink down a little bit. Those are the only two things that the dealer commented on.

I think I can live with thin walls as long as I'm not camping in the dead of winter - besides, the Ameri-Lites will save us some money. I'm just having a hard time locating them in person right now to look at. Apparently, the dealers around here are having problems keeping up stock. Everyone wants to camp!

Not sure if this helps at all, but this has been my experience so far.
Brandy

Follow our journey as we take our first month-long RV trip with our two young children in June 2013!

2011 Ameri-Lite 255BH

sitesseeingusa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad to hear that some of you have had a good experience with the Ameri-Lites. I was at a dealer last week and they tried to tell me that the Ameri-Lites weren't made as well as the Kodiaks or Rockwoods. He didn't elaborate too much, but it had something to do with the walls (maybe leaks?).

I still have some time to research, but reading some of your posts makes me feel better about keeping Ameri-Lite on my list. It's hard to find trailers because we can only haul 3,500 pounds.
Brandy

2011 Ameri-Lite 255BH

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
It's kinda hit and miss. I had a 21MB and had several freak issues with it. I must have got a lemon as no one else I have ever heard of ever had a many problems as I did. The dealer fix everything asap and treated us great! We traded for a Gulf Breeze Sport made by same people (Gulfstream RV) Also had a couple of freak issues but have them all worked out and we are very happey with it.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
2010 255BH. Has been awesome. No issues yet. Use it quite a bit too.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the 21MB. Have had zero problems in over a year of moderate use. We did initially take it back to the dealer and make them do a better job sealing underneath, around all the entry points.

Ours is the 21MB model.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board