cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And the GM hit's just keep on coming!

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
General Motors has discovered a problem with the supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V-8s fitted to certain versions of the Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. The affected models are all 2009-2013 CTS-Vs and all 2012-2013 Camaro ZL1s.
Link
up side is "Owners also receive a Special Coverage Adjustment for the problem. This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle is sent in to receive the new supercharger, regardless of ownership."

At least they are fixing the issues, maybe better or longer RD? This idea of trying to be first to the market is killing them. Who wants to be a free beta tester for a product that cost $20,000 to $70,000?

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
47 REPLIES 47

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
P'Dodgeboy,

Simply google: dodge ram deaths from defects

The death list goes on and on for 348,000 pages. Should keep you busy reading for many years! Transmission defects causing deaths, death wobble caused deaths, ignition defects deaths, truck frame breakage deaths, rusted cargo floor failures and rusted doors opening while turning ejecting occupants causing deaths, loss of steering and control caused deaths, rearend crash deaths caused by lift pump failures on highways, on and on. Gobs of lawsuits filed, pending, and many were quietly settled but NO admission of guilt by Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram. Swept under the rug. You might be old enough to retire by the time you get half way thru. Well lets see Nutz, funny you should talk about doors flying open. My POS 1982 at the time SIX years old was so rusted out that as I went around a curve the door latch pin ripped out of dirvers side b-pillar! The Rocker panels were rusted completely out. Every time I pushed the clutch in the headlights would drop from the flexing of the truck! My brand net 1976 Monza TC rusted out with in 2 1/2 years. Dave White Chevrolet told me sorry but GMC doesn't cover rust! That also had to replace the engine before I bought it! That would be why my Dad bought Ford's even though it worked at Power-train of Toledo!

I might add that Chrysler has always been broke and that many recalls were not forced upon them as they had no resources to cope with the impending costs. The government backed big loans in 1979 to keep Chrysler from filing bankruptcy, Taken over by Daimler in 1998 for billions to ward off failure, 80.1% of Chrysler sold to Cerberus in 2007 for a small fracion of what Diamler had paid for it as Diamler Chrysler division losses had created financial problems for Daimler, then needed a bailout from the government (bailout decision only passed by 1 vote) to avoid full bankruptcy and auction which then gave the union control of Chrysler, then was sold to Fiat of Italy who now owns Chrysler. Never mind you already know the truth here!

Research it anyone as the full history of Chrysler is simply appaling and now it's a foreign owned company that still makes all it's 2500 and 3500 trucks in Mexico along with all Hemi engines in them and a lot more that goes into the Fiat Chrysler trucks and cars. Even the new diesel engine for it's 1500 trucks is not made in the USA along with the new large engine plant now finished in Mexico for the 3.6L Pentastar engine.

P'Dodgeboy, your problem is that you were still filling your diapers when Chrysler was making it's history and the killing of owners and passengers is vast and still going on and there's 348,000 pages on the web detailing it. Put your pom poms down for a while and read! That's a tremendous number of pages citing deaths and suits from defects for such and small now foreign corporation!

I can't post 348,000 pages!

Well Nutz here are the 13,900,000 pages for GM deaths from defects, that would be a whole lot more then 348,000 there sport. Looks like GMC is number one in that also, to bad they keep losing market share the that POS Ram truck. Their customers must be tired of GMC's uncaring attitude and are wising up!
LINK
Oh and BTW GM is and has been one of the worst payers! I had invoices over 180 days for Tool and Cutter Grind work that my Dad had to get paid for me! So peddle that BS to people that don't know any better Nutz.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
NJRVer,

NO, I'm NOT WRONG! I lived thru it from the 1960's on until I cut them off in 1999 because they were plain horrible in paying invoices. 6 months to pay their vendors was normal and they used every excuse not to pay even claiming they never received the invoice and had to invoice again. Funny that GM noe Ford lost invoices or claimed they never received it. When it got to 1 to 1-1/2 years, others and I had enough and the good vendors cut them off or quit doing any new projects or quoting on them. Leaving Chrysler with second and third rate vendors who weren't good enough to make things for Ford and GM. I could name dozens! I know the facts as I and others have the ledgers and documents to back it up!

Chrysler claimed they were highly profitable and had billions in cash and do you want to know who's money it was??? Ask the vendors, Cerberus about the many billions of dollars loan they gave them, and ask Daimler how many billions of dollars they'd lost with the Chrysler division and why they dumped them at such a huge loss. Just why, if Chrysler was so profitable were they bankrupt just a few years later? Blaming it on Daimler is such a lie as Daimler lost way over a hundred billion dollars on the Chrysler division venture while owning them and simply couldn't risk it anymore as it was creating deep financial issues for Diamler-Benz! Don't write about something you have no experience with or real knowledge of!

Read the gobs of pages of the Chrysler history and learn something!

Both Ford and GM paid their invoices within 30-60 days like clockwork depending on when in the month the invoice was received and approved as they wrote checks on the 1st and 15th of the following month.

LOL! They were so horrible paying but you kept doing business with them for 30+ years! LOL!
I am also a businessman. I live by the rule "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". You get two chances at paying, not 30 years. lol

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
jody h wrote:
So Chrysler was never profitable? It looks like they were very profitable before Daimler took over.

Yes, they were only not profitable in Travelnutz's alternative universe where ever that may happen to be.:R

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
So it they were never profitable they should soon be taken over by another company? right ?

oh wait
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
So Chrysler was never profitable? It looks like they were very profitable before Daimler took over.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
The "Death Wobble" comes from having a solid front axle as the wheel on one side dictates/transmits it's motion/eratic motion to the wheel on the other side and repeats in cycles. Doesn't happen with IFS (Independent Front Susppension) front suspension as each side functions independently.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
NJRVer,

NO, I'm NOT WRONG! I lived thru it from the 1960's on until I cut them off in 1999 because they were plain horrible in paying invoices. 6 months to pay their vendors was normal and they used every excuse not to pay even claiming they never received the invoice and had to invoice again. Funny that GM noe Ford lost invoices or claimed they never received it. When it got to 1 to 1-1/2 years, others and I had enough and the good vendors cut them off or quit doing any new projects or quoting on them. Leaving Chrysler with second and third rate vendors who weren't good enough to make things for Ford and GM. I could name dozens! I know the facts as I and others have the ledgers and documents to back it up!

Chrysler claimed they were highly profitable and had billions in cash and do you want to know who's money it was??? Ask the vendors, Cerberus about the many billions of dollars loan they gave them, and ask Daimler how many billions of dollars they'd lost with the Chrysler division and why they dumped them at such a huge loss. Just why, if Chrysler was so profitable were they bankrupt just a few years later? Blaming it on Daimler is such a lie as Daimler lost way over a hundred billion dollars on the Chrysler division venture while owning them and simply couldn't risk it anymore as it was creating deep financial issues for Diamler-Benz! Don't write about something you have no experience with or real knowledge of!

Read the gobs of pages of the Chrysler history and learn something!

Both Ford and GM paid their invoices within 30-60 days like clockwork depending on when in the month the invoice was received and approved as they wrote checks on the 1st and 15th of the following month.
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer

The death list goes on and on for 348,000 pages

I think your confused with the term "Death Wobble" which both Ram, GM and Ford F series have experienced. Found only one case of a death, which may be attributed to Ram, but, it's still in the courts and has yet to be determined, what caused the death.

Yes, there are pages and pages of "Death Wobble" for Ram, pages and pages of "Death Wobble" for GM and pages and pages of "Death Wobble" for Ford.
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
google gm deaths from defects nutz. About 24,400,000 results (0.33 seconds)
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
P'Dodgeboy,

I might add that Chrysler has always been broke and that many recalls were not forced upon them as they had no resources to cope with the impending costs. The government backed big loans in 1979 to keep Chrysler from filing bankruptcy, Taken over by Daimler in 1998 for billions to ward off failure,

Sorry but you are wrong.
Daimler bought out Chrysler and proceeded to strip all the wealth from the company.
At the time Chrysler was the most profitable (per vehicle produced) of the big three.

Fast forward and history is going to repeat itself. I read earlier in the week that Fiat was now taking money from Chrysler rather than the other way around when they were first bought out.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
P'Dodgeboy,

The death list goes on and on for 348,000 pages. Should keep you busy reading for many years! Transmission defects causing deaths, death wobble caused deaths, ignition defects deaths, truck frame breakage deaths, rusted cargo floor failures and rusted doors opening while turning ejecting occupants causing deaths, loss of steering and control caused deaths, rearend crash deaths caused by lift pump failures on highways, on and on. Gobs of lawsuits filed, pending, and many were quietly settled but NO admission of guilt by Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram. Swept under the rug. You might be old enough to retire by the time you get half way thru.

I might add that Chrysler has always been broke and that many recalls were not forced upon them as they had no resources to cope with the impending costs. The government backed big loans in 1979 to keep Chrysler from filing bankruptcy, Taken over by Daimler in 1998 for billions to ward off failure, 80.1% of Chrysler sold to Cerberus in 2007 for a small fracion of what Diamler had paid for it as Diamler Chrysler division losses had created financial problems for Daimler, then needed a bailout from the government (bailout decision only passed by 1 vote) to avoid full bankruptcy and auction which then gave the union control of Chrysler, then was sold to Fiat of Italy who now owns Chrysler.

Research it anyone as the full history of Chrysler is simply appaling and now it's a foreign owned company that still makes all it's 2500 and 3500 trucks in Mexico along with all Hemi engines in them and a lot more that goes into the Fiat Chrysler trucks and cars. Even the new diesel engine for it's 1500 trucks is not made in the USA along with the new large engine plant now finished in Mexico for the 3.6L Pentastar engine.

P'Dodgeboy, your problem is that you were still filling your diapers when Chrysler was making it's history and the killing of owners and passengers is vast and still going on and there's 348,000 pages on the web detailing it. Put your pom poms down for a while and read! That's a tremendous number of pages citing deaths and suits from defects for such and small now foreign corporation!

I can't post 348,000 pages!

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
LowRyter wrote:
this is totally a "bash GM thread". But it's also posted in the "Tow Vehicle" section.

When comparing GM (Duramax / Allison & GM) with brands D & F and when you look at the problems and the factory treatment for the respective brands, most here would say GM has been the best when coupling reliability and factory support for design problems.

It just looks like some of the folks here are trying to rationalize some of their product shorting-comings by pointing at GM.

Even for these hi-po supercharged engines in the Camaro and Caddie, GM appears to be making a good faith effort to keep them going to 120k miles. I don't know who among us owns a 600 hp supercharged car but I doubt many would make them a daily driver and put 120k miles on them. I was looking at the Camaro & Mustangs and thought the 1LE (SS) would be a nice ride but there was no way I even considered a supercharged Camaro. Just a little common sense but I would think that a 600 hp supercharged car might require a little more than oil changes. I wonder how the maintenance costs compares to a Ferrari or turbo Porsche? Or a Shelby supercharged Mustang?

Sorry you feel this way but I did not nor was it my intention to bash GM. Now when I get called out and accused of being a liar, then the gloves can come off. I noticed Nutz has been unable to provide any links to the******he spewed. Unlike him I posted facts and unlike him I provided links.

Marty feel free to delete this thread as it seems to have offended the very thin skinned GM fan club. Note again this was not intentional, but others seem to think it was.

Don

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
ktosv wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:
Ken Feinberg, the 'auto czar' from the Obama administration that steered GM and Chrysler through their reorganizations was appointed by Mary Barra to oversee the compensation fund which has been termed by her to be 'open ended'.

Actually, Ken Feinberg is an attorny that specializes in alternative dispute resolution. He was responsible for things such as the 9/11 victim compensation fund along with BP Deep Water Horizon and the Boston Marathon funds.

Your "auto czar" was Steve Rattner. He guided the reorganiztions.

Two totally different people.

I stand corrected.

ktosv
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Ken Feinberg, the 'auto czar' from the Obama administration that steered GM and Chrysler through their reorganizations was appointed by Mary Barra to oversee the compensation fund which has been termed by her to be 'open ended'.

Actually, Ken Feinberg is an attorny that specializes in alternative dispute resolution. He was responsible for things such as the 9/11 victim compensation fund along with BP Deep Water Horizon and the Boston Marathon funds.

Your "auto czar" was Steve Rattner. He guided the reorganiztions.

Two totally different people.
Kevin and my...
Wife and six kids
2017 Suburban (5.3L/6A/3.08)
6x12 Enclosed Utility

Sold...2011 Express 3500 (6.0L/6A/3.42)
Sold...2010 Passport Ultra Lite 2910