cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.
89 REPLIES 89

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
Between the wheel chocks help more with stabilizing the trailer while parked than useful as a true wheel chock. If you search, you can find stories of folks that pulled out with the between the wheel chocks still between two wheels. Truck was stronger than the chock. The x-chocks I have make the trailer feel less bouncy while I am set up on site. If I am traveling, I may not use them until I get where I am going to be for a few days.

Yes the truck is usually stronger than the x-chocks. It is also stronger than the standard wheel chocks. I am sure you can find stories of folks pulling out over the chocks. I once even taxied an airplane out over the chocks. I think you would have to be on one extreme slope for the x-chock to slip. One caution: when you first pull in the wheels are hot and expanded. When they cool the x-chock may loosen if they were not real tight.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

SlowBro
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok day one I'm more concerned with safety and saving pennies than comfort so I'll skip that type of chock. Maybe one day.
2010 Coachmen Mirada 34BH, class A, 34.75' long, GVWR 22,000 lbs.
2005 Fleetwood Resort TNT 25QB, hybrid, 27.5' long, GVWR 6,600 lbs.
God bless!

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Between the wheel chocks help more with stabilizing the trailer while parked than useful as a true wheel chock. If you search, you can find stories of folks that pulled out with the between the wheel chocks still between two wheels. Truck was stronger than the chock. The x-chocks I have make the trailer feel less bouncy while I am set up on site. If I am traveling, I may not use them until I get where I am going to be for a few days.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

SlowBro
Explorer III
Explorer III
If I used the leveler+chock would I also need some between-the-wheel chocks or would that be overkill? Such as the X-Chock Wheel Stabilizer:
http://www.amazon.com/X-Chock-Wheel-Stabilizer-Handle-28012/dp/B002XLHUQG
God bless!

SlowBro
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah I don't see any reason why the leveler can't be used as a jack but I thought I'd ask.
God bless!

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
you can buy just one leveler & chock set... I bought 2 sets.. but not the jack.. I have no intentions of ever changing a tire.. This gal will sit and wait on roadside assistance for however long it takes.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

SlowBro
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can one get away with purchasing either just the jack or just the leveler to use one unit as both leveler and jack?
God bless!

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
JJensen79 wrote:
I have these for our camper and it is a world of difference with leveling. They are as easy as they say. I get the trailer close, put them under the tires, back up a little more than level, put the included chocks in, and pull forward a little bit.
I have used them on grass, soft dirt, gravel(didn't even put a mark in them) and have not had one problem with them sinking or anything else.
Our current method is to have the wife stand on the side while I back on the levelers, similar to the video. I would like to put one of those fifth wheel levels on the front of our camper, but because it has a curved front, I am not sure how to mount it.
I know they are pretty pricey, but well worth the time it saves, especially when the kids are screaming.

I mounted my levels inside my storage area by the auto-leveling controller. One for left-right and one for front-back. My wife looks at the levels while I drive onto the Andersen things.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to see this thread. Told my wife I wanted these for my birthday and she got me a set. Looks like a can retire most if not all of my box-o-wood blocks! Have to get them out to the camper and see if any trimming is in order. Can't wait for April and camping to start again!
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
mitch, you do it the way I do with Andersen levelers and giant bubble level guide... as you said GREAT for one person!!
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
I now have a heightened interest in these levelers. DS and I came up to our local SP last night. This site is more out of level than normal here. I have 3-1/4" of wood blocks under one tire, and 2-3/4" under the other. And I'm still not quite level, but close. I think these would have done the trick.

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
smyke wrote:
Heads up: they may not fit your rig.

I ordered these as they seemed like a perfect solution, however they did not fit my trailer.
There simply is not enough room between the tires to fit the leveler and/or the wedge.

I really wish Andersen made them in different sizes. 😞

Andersen says you can cut an inch or so off the end to make them fit. Also if you watch the video you'll see that the leveler can be started almost vertical between the tires. I love my levelers and would never go back to any other.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
Here are my Andersen levelers and a giant bubble level in action...

Love those Anderson levelers. And with the bubble level, BAM - one-person level in no time flat...
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
My son really likes the Anderson Levelers which I gave him. 2 observations:
1. The center one didn't fit one time. Turned out to be a depression for the tires in the sand - just cleared out the sand.
2. He rolled off the large end which caused the leveler to kick out towards DW. So roll off of the small end and keep anyone clear.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob