cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody have 19.5 Vision rims on a Dodge

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a set of Vision 19.5 rims with Duratrac 245 /70 / 19.5 tires after installing them they vibrate terrible right out of drive way at about 45 mph and up.
I called place i got them (Wheel Rack In California ) and talked to Chris and he seemed very uninterested in helping said I probably threw a weight Since they vibrated immediately out of driveway I doubt that. I have less than 30 miles on them and haven't been over 60mph.
I have rotated tires on this truck before and never had any issues and I know the truck is solid didn't have any vibration immediately before changing tires and I used a torque wrench.

My question is this to those of you that have this set up.
Did you have to have them rebalanced ?
If so how did you balance - road force , centramatic, beads ?
I believe these are lug centric do I need centric rings ?
Should I remove the wheel stud clips ( maybe not letting wheels fit against hub properly)
Chris told me they use weights and beads did this work for you ?

Wheels are very heavy and it's cold out so looking for some advice before going through removing them again.

I have read several post about members that have this set up and recommended this shop. Hope I didn't make a $2000 mistake
I've also read lots of post about balancing , beads , centramatics etc.
Nearest place that can road force balance is about 2 hr away and not really wanting to pay for that if it's not the problem.
Hoping maybe it's just a install issue or something I overlooked.
Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
Just a side note.
My vision rims appear to be fine we checked them for out of round and they were perfect.
Problem is with the tires and installer.

Also if anyone is going to get there tires trued I would recommend getting hub centric rings.
I am having mine trued on vehicle so they should be perfect but if rim is not centered on hub perfect you won't be able to rotate tires. The hub ring will center hub every time so I can rotate tires.

I also ordered a set of centramatic balancers and this company has been great to deal with. The tech guy there is VERY knowledgable on 19.5 conversions and was very helpfull with this ordeal.

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
I`ve had the same thing happen to me with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors in a 265/75R16 , Americas tire wouldnt road force balance them at first , after going around with them , they finally did and 3 tires were bad ,wouldnt road force, had to be replaced
I`m looking to get visions W/ 245/70r19.5`s , dont know what tires yet , the visions at fourwheelonline.com are 800.00 for 4, W/ free shipping.
Theres no way I`d want to go thru what your going thru , I already decided to get tires local so I have the face to face if things go bad.
Your story would rule out wheelrack as a place to buy
I saw wheelracks adds 6 monthes ago , you can`t beat their prices for packages ,1500.00 for 4 wheels and 225/70r19.5`s but I thought about the -what if- factor if there where problems, at best you probably would have to pay return shipping
I`d like to hear how shaving them round goes , and how you end up feeling about the dynatracks when you get them round

Hope it works out for you

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
I have dealt with distributer supposedly they will trade out tires but I can't get anyone to mount tires. NO one will mess with it since I bought from a internet shop.
And who's to say I won't get more tires that are out of round I am tired of dealing with it. I can get tires trued and they will be better than new. I know 19.5 tires ( all brands ) are notorious for being out of round.
Problem is Wheel Rack should have never sent them out the door they knew they weren't right just didn't care.
I feel like they intentionally screwed me getting rid of 4 bad tires at once. What are the odds of getting 4 egg shaped tires.

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Larry37 wrote:
They are not going to warranty tires it's not there problem.

The warranty is from the tire manufacturer, not the shopโ€ฆ as long as you have a sales receipt the manufacturer should honor the warranty. Dynatrac tires are imported/sold by American Tire Distributors (Heafner Tire Group)โ€ฆ Suggest you give them a call, they have a distribution center in Indianapolis (317-396-5601)
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

Bedlam
I don't work for them, so I guess I got lucky. I have over 17,000 miles on my tire/rim package now and have not had to touch them except for rotations every 5K.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
Well I had to call Chris at Wheel Rack today because they never called me back.

They are not going to warranty tires it's not there problem.
They won't pay to have trued. Place I can take them too charges to much they said I could get it done in CA. For 1/2 price but I'm in Indiana.

Keep in mind I bought a mounted and balanced ready to install package.
They also told me they would be match mounted and road force balanced along with balance beads.
I let air out of one tire and bead broke right down and guess what NO BALANCE BEADS.
I don't believe any above gets done I think they just throw tires on and spin balance if it was road force balanced the out of round would have been picked up When I had tires checked locally I went back and they showed me on balance machine how out of round they were and it was VERY obvious.
I bought from these guys because of recommendation on this forum. I guess a couple guys got lucky or it's really someone that works there posting
I can afford to get tires fixed I just don't like being treated like this.
Anyone buying tires/ rims from these idiots (WHEEL RACK IN VICTORVILLE CA. )good luck.
Oh well time to move on.

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
Tires are Dynatrac
Sorry for the typo

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Still curious , you said they where duratrac tires . I see wheel rack selling dynatrac tires ?

Shiv_Too
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same set up from the same vendor. There are a bunchof weight stickers all over the wheels. I have one out of balance at 70-72 mph. I am adding beads tomorrow - will be interesting to see how they respond to your problem.

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
Update
I took tires to local shop that WHEEL RACK set up to have tires / balance checked out.
Turns out I have 4 out of round tires. Can't seem to get them replaced / warranteed. ( no one local will mess with it since they didn't sell them new ).
I thought I was buying 4 round tires and rims balanced and ready to install . I offered to take and have tires trued and rebalanced at WHEEL RACKS expense they are going to let me know next week.

Not sure how they left their shop this way but I understand things happen so we will all see if they stand behind their product.
Stay tuned

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with your tire brand, but I do know quality plays a big part with those heavy tires. I had a set of Yokohama tires (runout issues) replaced under warranty with Michelins. No problems after that. You can balance a square tire but it will never roll smoothly.

I had a set of Continental tires and mounted them using Centramatic balancers. I removed the weights that the Contis had been balanced with as a test. Smooth as silk. I haven't installed the Centramatics on my dually - yet.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
I would take it to a commercial truck tire shop, rather than the common auto tire shop. You'll likely pay alot more, but they'll likely know what they're doing and do it right. With so many millions of class 4 and above commercial trucks on the roads in every part of the country, there has to be a commerical truck tire shop somewhere around you that can mount and balance 19.5's.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Bedlam
On my Ford I have not had problems. I got them from Chris.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Larry37
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mark
That is what I wanted to know about lug centric on the Dodges.
I am in Indiana working right now and it's near impossible to find a shop that can road force balance 19.5 tires ( lots of shops do car tires ). I have a appt with a shop with some limited experience and the right equipment so i will give it a shot.
Thanks again.