cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone care to place their bet?

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would imagine once the new Ram hits the lot there will be two races going on. Who is going to be first to put the trucks head to head lugging a 20,000 lb RV up the mountain and secondly who's going to get to the top of the mountain first. I'll say Pickuptrucks.com is going to be first to determine that Chevy is still King of the Mountain. If I replace my truck in 2014 I will have a hard time trying to decide which way to go.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
31 REPLIES 31

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
nremtp143 wrote:
By then, it will strictly be preference as to whether you like a bowtie, horns or a blue oval. They will all do anything we as campers request, just one may do it with a little more finesse than the others.:B But, I want to be one of the first to read/watch the shootout!!!! While eating popcorn:B

I do not care who's truck is the fastset...but I do want to buy the truck that has a warranty...oop's...that eliminates Ford!!!!

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Water-Bug wrote:
Stoping the 30k is the job of the trailers brakes not the TV. Nothing gonna stop it if the trailer brakes fail. Would be interesting comparing exhaust brakes though.

Ram will still have the best EB.

it didn't in 2011

Eisenhower Pass Exhaust Brake Test

We repeated the exhaust brake test on the westbound descent back to Dillon. Eisenhower averages a 2 percent steeper grade than Davis Dam, and that 2 percent made a big difference in slowing the 14-ton fully burdened rigs (trailer, truck and five adult males).

The finishing order changed, with the Sierra requiring five brake applies, the Ram 12 and the Ford 13.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Water-Bug wrote:
Stoping the 30k is the job of the trailers brakes not the TV. Nothing gonna stop it if the trailer brakes fail. Would be interesting comparing exhaust brakes though.

Ram will still have the best EB.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Diesel Power Mag...

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry- 2 browsers open- pls disreguard.

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Here

Is this the place where you stayed?

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker59 wrote:
Plain old Chevy rules for me. Who needs all that bling anyway. Give me plane Jane power any day.

I have the same taste as you, I do not like my stuff flashy. As far as the new Chevy goes, it is about the blingiest (is that a word?) thing that I have ever seen. IMO it's borderline tacky.

Engineer9860
Explorer
Explorer
YnotTurbo wrote:
Too bad Chevy has such a boring interior and exterior to go with such a good engine and tranny..

You're joking right? I think the new Chevy is one of the best looking trucks ever built.
In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't matter to me which truck wins. My 2007 Dodge may get me to the top of the mountain a little slower but I'm never in a rush to get somewhere....:B
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
mpfireman wrote:
All of the big three in the HEAVY hauling category will do the job. It really boils down to what DIESEL engine you prefer, Cab size, fit and finish, Those must have feature you really want and need, OH, and who gives you the best bang for the buck.
So if I get to the TOP of the hill 10 seconds slower or faster, who really cares. All i want is a TV that is reliable, gets decent milage, and comfortable for those long days on the road.

The difference between the Ford and Chevy was over 2 minutes.
Just sayin.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

woodworker59
Explorer
Explorer
Plain old Chevy rules for me. Who needs all that bling anyway. Give me plane Jane power any day.

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad Chevy has such a boring interior and exterior to go with such a good engine and tranny..
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
All of the big three in the HEAVY hauling category will do the job. It really boils down to what DIESEL engine you prefer, Cab size, fit and finish, Those must have feature you really want and need, OH, and who gives you the best bang for the buck.
So if I get to the TOP of the hill 10 seconds slower or faster, who really cares. All i want is a TV that is reliable, gets decent milage, and comfortable for those long days on the road.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't care less who makes it the mountain top the first. I care who makes it down the mountain LAST! The power of the exhaust brake on the way down is way more important than the power of the engine on the way up.

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer