cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running with a leveling kit up front?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I'm thinking about doing. I want to increase the size of my tires from 275/70R18's to 295/70R18's to improve the appearance of the truck and get more weight capacity (an increase of 400 lbs). Doing so, however, will require a 2 inch leveling kit up front to prevent rubbing on full turns. My concern, of course, is running nose high when hauling my 3,000 lb fully loaded TC. I'm curious what others have done in this situation. Did you install Stableloads to alleviate a nose high condition? Just curious if going in this direction would create more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
16 REPLIES 16

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not having a Dodge I can't say anything about them, but I did raise my front by 2ins. I have SS on the rear and the truck always runs level with the TC on or off.
I had the front end alined afterwards. The headlights did not have to be adjusted.

Oh I have a Chevy which has a different front end set up over the Dodge.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on my experience, I sit tail high when emptry and level when the fiver is hitched. If I were to add a leveling kit I think I would see a tail down attitude when loaded. If your that heavy, you might consider changing to 19.5 inch wheels like a lot of folks with 2500 series trucks have done to increase tire loading capacity. Of course that still does not change your truck mfgs GVWR.