cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 25Y

firemedic85
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy an AF 25 Y 2015 with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds and dry hitch weight of 800 lbs. would the new Dodge Ram 2500 turbo cummins diesel have any issues towing this trailer?

If not what Dodge model would you suggest. I'm looking to buy this truck soon then the TT to follow just want to make sure I have plenty of truck to tow this TT fully loaded on long trips throughout the U.S. Thanks for the help
10 REPLIES 10

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
No problem at all. I have towed heavier and longer trailers with my 8 year old Chevy diesel truck.
Bob

elidodge
Explorer
Explorer
You will love it,easy to forget trailer is back there

certified106
Explorer
Explorer
Your 2500 Cummins should have no problems at all with that.
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
Hypertech Tuner Running Stage 2
2013 Jayco 28BHS

firemedic85
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Pat I'm doing some research on which hitch setup to get. Lots of choices. Yea the 25y is great still having my doubts about the length. I really wanted to stay in the 27' range. We camp lots of forest service sites

Persings_n_Pets
Explorer
Explorer
You will LOVE the Artic Fox 25Y, we sure love ours. We tow with a 2012 F250 CCSB 4x4 with 3.55 gears which will soon be replaced by a 2015 F350 CCLB 4x4 with 3.55 gears. Our 3/4 ton tows it perfectly, we do have a ProPride P3 hitch and the combo does great in the Pacific NW with our Mtns and windy coastal roads. You should have plenty of truck to tow AF. I am upgrading to get a longer bed, larger fuel tank and some other goodies....

With 3 Labs in crates, and all the stuff I "need" in the cap, I run out of room quicker than I like, so a longer bed has come up the priority list.

As far as which truck to get, drive all 3 Mfgs 3/4 ton trucks and see which suits you the best, you can't go wrong with any of them really. I am just partial to Ford, but have friends that love their GM trucks and Dodge trucks. It is personal choice.
Congrats on your purchases and enjoy!
Pat

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new AF 25Y we sure like ours!
James & Kim from Central Illinois
2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, ARE Topper and Decked Draw System
2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

firemedic85
Explorer
Explorer
I currently own a 08 Toyota Tundra with a 5.7 liter motor. It's rated to tow upwards of 9000 lbs but the tounge weight and payload will not work towing this TT.

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
firemedic85 wrote:
Looking to buy an AF 25 Y 2015 with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds and dry hitch weight of 800 lbs. would the new Dodge Ram 2500 turbo cummins diesel have any issues towing this trailer?

If not what Dodge model would you suggest. I'm looking to buy this truck soon then the TT to follow just want to make sure I have plenty of truck to tow this TT fully loaded on long trips throughout the U.S. Thanks for the help

It shouldn't be any problem at all. My 2010 CTD Ram 2500 4X4 Megacab (3.73 axle) has a payload of a little over 2100 lbs, and a max trailer weight of a little over 12,000 lbs. We pull a Roamer with a gross weight of about 9500 lbs and hitch weight of just under 1000. No problems whatsoever. If you don't have 4X4 or a Megacab, your specs should be higher than that.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, We have a AF 31W and it weighs 12K and we gross out at 18,500. Max CGVWR is 22K for our Chevy 2500. We can pull any mountain in CO faster than you want to drive.

Wind_River
Explorer
Explorer
Should be no problem.
2019 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty 4X4 6.7 Power Stroke
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS
Equal-i-zer Hitch, 3502 Ultra Fab Tongue Jack
Twin Honda 2000i w/parallel kit