cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox to Introduce a Triple-Slide Camper

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if this is bringing back a modified AF1160 or a new design.
Given the weight of their other campers I wonder what this will tip the scales at.

"Among the new layouts was a prototype of a three-slide Arctic Fox truck camper floorplan that features a cathedral roof with island kitchen, dinette and rear-sofa slideouts.
”We’re really were just throwing it out there to get our dealers’ input,” Cochran said. ”They suggested that we change some small things, and we found some ways to improve it.”
The new floorplan will be available next spring. ”We had some dealers who wanted to order it, but we want to hold off until we come up with the final floorplan,” he said."

Northwod annual dealer meeting
122 REPLIES 122

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe AF will debut this behemoth at the Seattle RV Show.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I'm thinking northern lite or something. Thanks for the correction. I did like their last unit. Seems like they are going to announce another one in 2017. Will be an interesting year for sure.

Bedlam
From what I heard Chalet has always stayed in business, but it doesn't have enough truck camper sales to devote a production line to it verses their trailers. They apparently will hold requests until they get enough to do a limited run each year. I don't have any further details on date cutoffs or minimum quantity required before they do another run. They do not advertise this, so you must initiate contact with the factory if you have interest.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Chalet I saw online in videos but the fact the company keeps going in and out of business scares the living crrap out of me warranty wise.

I'll try to post up the 1163 build sheet somewhere online and link it here.

***Correction 1163, not 1165 is the model number*****

Bedlam
Three slides have so many possible uses. Host now offers choices of a dinette, couch, couch with foot rest, large wardrobe, laundry center, or laundry plus wardrobe in their slides. Eagle Cap offers a dinette, couch, standalone table and chairs, and recliners. It's great that others are getting into this sized truck camper with what I hope will be fresh ideas on what is possible on the back of a truck. Hopefully Chalet will come back with something too?

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
I hope it has theater seating available!
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Last I talked to AF, the new triple slide was going to be the 1163 and I've gotten some build sheets on it. No pricing or ETA on it actually being built would have a side entrance vs. rear, etc... If built sometime late spring/summer 17.

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the double slide 1160, but it was probably too heavy for a 1 ton dually. I would have loved to have one of those.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Big_Rig1
Explorer
Explorer
I was in one a few years ago with a whole bunch of other folks getting a tour of the camper. It had so much floor space that we talked about having a hoe down in there. You know, I think we could have done it....:B

Big Rig (John)
04.5 Dodge Quad,3500,CTD,DRW,4X2,48RE, Ranchos, Tatman Wedgies
2015 Arctic Fox 990, 100W solar, power rear awning, Fox Landing, no generator, no oven

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa! That's some serious floor space in a truck camper.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

Bedlam
It does look like the AF1160 floor was at or over the bed rails.

http://www.berrylandcampers.com/new-arctic-fox-other-rvs/new-1160-other-rv-c106717.html

http://www.eastendcampers.com/08-arcticfox-1160-06718.html

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at a 2010 2 slide 1160 for sale last year, and it was awesome in every way except for 1 thing that was a deal killer. For some odd reason, the interior height was only 75", compared to the 79" on all the other AF models. I am 74" tall bare foot, so I could not comfortably walk around in it, especially with shoes on. Maybe it was over the bedrail? I don't remember. Anyway, if it were 3" taller, I would own it right now.

2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Bedlam
F450EC1165 wrote:
Wasn't the 1160 over the rails?

What models does AF use the Schwintek slides on, their trailers?
Hopefully AF does a better job installing the schwintek slides than Eagle Cap does.

I think to have enough width for a kitchen island it has to be over the rails.
I would like to see AF do an 11', two slide, side entry, wet bath camper without an island. Not sure about over the bed rails, I guess I would like the extra width as long as it still had minimum 6'6" interior height. But below the rail would work too.

I never saw an AF1160 and this thread was the first time I heard of one.

The AF996 uses the Schwintek only on the kitchen slide:

mkasner
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 100k mile powertrain warranty on my Ram 3500. What's the powertrain warranty on a class C?

Daryl_B
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
It will be interesting if AF also goes with a floor over the bed rails (or stays with the floor height over the wheel wells) and which slide mechanism they will use. AF uses both the Schwintek and PowerGear slides, but I prefer the latter...

Wasn't the 1160 over the rails?

What models does AF use the Schwintek slides on, their trailers?
Hopefully AF does a better job installing the schwintek slides than Eagle Cap does.

I think to have enough width for a kitchen island it has to be over the rails.
I would like to see AF do an 11', two slide, side entry, wet bath camper without an island. Not sure about over the bed rails, I guess I would like the extra width as long as it still had minimum 6'6" interior height. But below the rail would work too.
2022 F-450
2019 Arctic Fox 1140 WB

Past Rigs
2006 F-450 16k GVWR, Kelderman 4-link rear suspension
2009 AF 990
2016 EC 1165
2017 AF 990