cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are some kinds of TVs better for RV life

sesweitzer
Explorer
Explorer
One of our wall mounted TVs cracked after a rough day on the road. Iโ€™m looking at a Samsung LED as a replacement. I wonder if some TV technology might be sturdier than others?
9 REPLIES 9

ArialSummer
Explorer
Explorer
No guarantees, Samsung's QLED technology is generally considered to be more durable and less prone to screen cracks compared to traditional LED TVs.

sesweitzer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with a 1080 Samsung. The price was right and Iโ€™m familiar with the operating system.

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
debrhardt wrote:
i keep the tv on the bed while traveling. a couple strategically placed pillows and blanket keeps it from moving around.

we do too, and the dvd player and laptop as well
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
Both of our Airstream's came with Samsung TV's. No problems with them.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

debrhardt
Explorer
Explorer
i keep the tv on the bed while traveling. a couple strategically placed pillows and blanket keeps it from moving around.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
We have replaced our TVs over the years with TCL ROKU smart TVs. Have worked great, lasted over many miles and have great sound. The fact that they are inexpensive at Walmart is a bonus!
2010 Suncruiser

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using a Samsung LED TV for around 8 years. It's still works great.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced my original TVs (off brand) in my 5er with Samsung LED in the living room and Samsung LCD in the bedroom and towed the trailer over some very rough highways for many years and no problem with the TVs.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
For an RV that is used part time, I use the cheapest TV out there.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot