cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are these stickers needed??

Twistedlarch
Explorer
Explorer
Any need for the "Certified Green by TRA" and "RVIA" stickers on the side of my trailer? They both have ID #'s on them.

I usually remove any decals and pin striping from my vehicles and now my trailer. I prefer the clean and advertisement free look.

Thanks
Brian
24 REPLIES 24

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I always remove all advertisements and the "required" stickers. The ones that may have some possible utility value, I paste back onto the inside of the pass thru door. And they can KMA if they don't like it. Like dodge guy said 'it fell off' if push comes to shove.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took all that advertising junk off of mine. I did leave the RVIA sticker by the door. Hate all that junk. Nobody pays any attention to it anyway.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take them off!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine fell off in my previous TT.
On my current MH there were stickers all over the inside telling you all the ways you could die or hurt yourself. I moved those to the inside of the cabinets. They had the chassis and MH builder stickers behind the driver at eye level. I moved those down low where you only see them if you try and find them. It was ridiculous the amount of stickers they put all over these things. And the RVIA sticker is a joke because no standards are adhered too so you may as well remove it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
One word of warning. I have stayed in at least three RV parks that you have an RVIA placard on your rigs to stay there.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I also like to pull off the stickers on the camper, I taped them on a sheet of paper and put it in the owner's manual that way they will stay with the camper. I used mayo to get most of the glue off and then the bad ones a mild buffing compound. Eventually they go away or you just don't notice them anymore. LOL

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
Is there an easy way of getting rid of the "ghosting" after removing decals? I removed the name of our dealer they stuck on our TT. 4+ years later I can still see the outline of the letters.

Only reason to leave them on would be if you ever wanted to sell it into Canada which I would guess unlikely...

Are you thinking of removing the graphics too? Ours are starting to deteriorate slightly in a few spots at the edges due to shrinkage of the vinyl. I've seen a few RVs with graphics removed but it doesn't seem to look right without them. I wish I could remove ours because I know they're just going to get worse over time. We could have ordered painted on graphics when we ordered our TT at the dealer but we didn't want to spend the $$ at the time. Kinda wish we did now.

When I debadged my old truck I used some mild auto compound to get rid of the ghosting. Maybe try a good cleaner wax first. Might be a bit less aggressive than the compound.
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
Twistedlarch wrote:
Any need for the "Certified Green by TRA" and "RVIA" stickers on the side of my trailer? They both have ID #'s on them.

I usually remove any decals and pin striping from my vehicles and now my trailer. I prefer the clean and advertisement free look.

Thanks
Brian
Is there an easy way of getting rid of the "ghosting" after removing decals? I removed the name of our dealer they stuck on our TT. 4+ years later I can still see the outline of the letters.

Only reason to leave them on would be if you ever wanted to sell it into Canada which I would guess unlikely...

Are you thinking of removing the graphics too? Ours are starting to deteriorate slightly in a few spots at the edges due to shrinkage of the vinyl. I've seen a few RVs with graphics removed but it doesn't seem to look right without them. I wish I could remove ours because I know they're just going to get worse over time. We could have ordered painted on graphics when we ordered our TT at the dealer but we didn't want to spend the $$ at the time. Kinda wish we did now.

I used WD40 and a blue shop towel. took the residue right off my aluminum sided trailer.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Twistedlarch wrote:

Thanks
Brian

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
VIN/Data Plate only thing required

Strip the rest of the stuff off it that is what you want to do.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31