cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auxiliary diesel tank

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to install auxiliary diesel tank on my 2013 Ford Super Duty 6.7 diesel. Can't find a Tee or saddle valve or whatever to tap into my fill line to my main tank. I am using a Mr. Gasket in line pump.

Any ideas appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
If you put this in you will be welcomed into the wonderful world of the warranty denial club if anything ever happens to your fuel system. :M
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
I just went thru that deal with a 2012 F 250, but it was a gas.

I took the filler neck out f the truck and went to my neighbor who is a expert welder. He located a tube of the diameter that would work with the hose coming from the aux tank pump and drilled and welded the tube into the fill neck. All works great.

If I had the bucks, I would fly to IL and look him up

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I cut the large filler hose and measured the ID. I purchased a straight metal barb to fit. I drilled and tapped it in the middle for a smaller barb to fit the aux tank line. I used a barbed tee for the fill tube vent line and attached it to the top of the aux tank to keep both tanks at equal pressure.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I just went thru that deal with a 2012 F 250, but it was a gas.

I took the filler neck out f the truck and went to my neighbor who is a expert welder. He located a tube of the diameter that would work with the hose coming from the aux tank pump and drilled and welded the tube into the fill neck. All works great.

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315501_200315501

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Might have much more luck here:

6.7 forum

There a lots of people that have added or replaced tanks on that site.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
any good hardware store should have a brass 3 way valve