cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear Awning 2002 Lance 1010 - any recommendations?

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great weekend in Joshua Tree last weekend, but the sun was blasting through the back door - an awning would have been great!

Any recommendations on a rear awning? We have a ladder on the right, so it can't be one of those fancy full width ones.

If anyone at least recommend a manufacturer, I can start there.

Thanks All and Happy Camping.
2009 SRW FX4 F350, 2002 Lance 1010,TL Stableload, Solar, mini-table, solar, airbags. front Reese hitch, Michelin LTX A/T2, propane generator, Carefree awning,Rigid Off Road Lights
6 REPLIES 6

wintersun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carefree as mentioned is the leading manufacturer for the RV industry. Their Sunbrella version will last 4x as long and is worth the extra initial cost. Rear awnings are great when it is raining.

I would add one to my camper but I am not sure where it is safe to drill and attach the mounting brackets and I do not trust the local Lance dealer's people based on past interactions with them.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a ladder as well as a full width awning. The trees were an option.

If you have one of those 'all the way up and over the roof' ladders, i guess it won't work . Replace the ladder if you want this type of set up.

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
narcodog wrote:
Turn the rig around.:)

X2, much cheaper and no durability issues.:)

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turn the rig around.:)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ones with horizontal folding arms break more often than the awnings with vertical arms.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of these on a Maverick 8801.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=product&productid=40&categoryid=46

I really liked it. It was manual, took 5 seconds to extend. It extended straight out and was spring loaded and would dip down and dump water if it got too heavy. It was 5 feet long so didn't have to worry about the ladder.

I drove off once with it extended,rolled it up at the next stop.

You can get them powered but I wouldn't, they are too easy to extend.
Joe and Evelyn