cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning mildew

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking at our awning that has a little mildew. Someone at a campground told me that he uses a 50% mixture of Simple Green in a spray bottle. He then roles the awning up for 30 minutes. After that, he will open his awning and sprays it with a hose. Anyone ever try this? Do you have a better idea?
18 REPLIES 18

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
Oxyclean made ours look new again

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
On the stains that will not come off using the suggested method try a little elbow grease and a Mr Clean Magic Erasure. Be careful as the sponge is abrasive and can damage the awning if you scrub too hard.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Lysol cleaner with bleach on mine - spray on and roll up and let sit for 15 - 20 minutes. Use the same and a brush to clean the outside when rolled up. Some of those stains are hard to get out. I was surprised at that since I keep things clean. I've also used scrubbing bubbles, and Weslesy's bleach white - the stuff for whitewalls and lettering on tires. Let me know if the Simple Green works for you - might be less harsh.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

therink
Explorer
Explorer
I use this method however I use a mixture of dawn and bleach and water. Works great.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.