cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axel maintenance and bearings?

harmanrk
Explorer
Explorer
Just had our first outing in a new Solaire 190 Hybrid, my first trailer of any real size. I know it should not need anything beyone checking the lugnuts at this point, but I'm looking for some advise on maintenace of the bearings.

1. Do I need to remove the tire to remove the plastic center hub cover?

2. Do the hubs on current production tailers have grease certs. for topping off the bearings?

Any help is welcome.
2017 Ford F250 CC-SB SRW PSD
2013 Solaire 190x
2 REPLIES 2

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Boat trailers may have Zerks to "top off" the grease but you still need a complete tear down, cleaning, and repacking annually.

If this is a new trailer this needs to be done next spring. My dealer does it for about $70 per axle and I never get dirty.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

rbq
Explorer
Explorer
I did mine for the first time this year. Do not remove the tire! I did on the first wheel & I regretted it. I couldn't get the leverage to pull the seal with the tire off. The ezlube dust cover pries off like any other dust cover. Good luck. As far as the center rubber cover goes it just pries off. You might want to buy several to keep on hand. I had one tear in the center & it threw grease all over the outside of the wheel.