cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone using Firestone Transforce HT tires ?

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
Went to a few local tire shops today to get prices for my 2001 GMC Sierra one ton dually 4 x 4. Tire size is 215/85 x 16 and came in at $118.90 per tire. I looked on line and the reviews I could find were very positive. Seems like a lot of tire for the money. I can get six of them mounted, balanced and tax for $828.78. Seems like a lot of tire for the money. Thoughts ?
15 REPLIES 15

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
My tires came in today so I had them installed after work. My original quote out the door with mounting , balancing and tax was $828.78. When they called to tell me my truck was ready to be picked up I asked to confirm the price............$758.99 !!! So I saved an additional $70.00 and the tires look great. Two thumbs up to Pep Boys in Marietta Ga. on Powder Springs Road.

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
I have used them on every truck I have owned since 04 and they are very good tires. no probs and no complaints.

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
Well right or wrong I placed my order today. Tires should be in on Monday and we'll get this deal done. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

stickyeye
Explorer
Explorer
I've used both the HT(Highway) and AT(All Terrain) transforce tires. Both are good tires but I like the AT a bit more for a pickup truck. I have them on the truck in my sig and carry a heavy camper with no issues. I run them on the beach too with my camper and air down to about 25psi with no problems. Good tire, good price.
🙂

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I had these on my pickup a few years ago. The only complaint I had was poor traction on wet pavement. If the road is wet, go easy on the throttle.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone looks like I may pull the trigger on six of these. My Avion C11 probably weighs 3000 lbs. or less fully dressed so I think the weight capacity of these tires will be fine. I will tow a 13 ' Boston Whaler which only weighs about 1000 lbs. total or an aluminum car trailer with a sports car on it so maybe 4000 lbs. I still think I'll be good.

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
I had them on my truck and they were quiet at highway speeds and wear was good. I replaced them with Nitto Terra Grapler which handle better and have a 3750@80 PSI load rating - more reserve for handling the weight of my camper and gear.

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on both of my pickups, very satisfied with them.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
third set on my 2006 PSD 108000mi will replace with same

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Good tires!
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Just put 6 nw ones on my MH. Paid a little more than that.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my 2004 F250 with them (used) and had almost 80,000 on them I replaced with the same firestone transforce HT's and like these as much.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
I put a set on in December. The $ sounds right. Smooth and quiet. Have about 6k on them so far...all towing.
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
I used them on my work van for years. No problems, but I didnt think that they wore that well. I never used them for hauling a TC. I started using Generals and Ive had good luck with them. The OEM set that I got with the dually truck gave me 50K miles so I stuck with the same brand.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods