cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the game

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We are back in the pop up game. We purchased a 2001 Coleman Santa Fe today. It's in pretty good condition for 12 years old. We got it home and gave it a washing on the outside. Still need some cleaner to remove some black streaks. We opened it up to air it out as the previous owners had a thing it that smelled like moth balls. We will continue cleaning it tomorrow. Pulling out the curtains and going to wash them. Will probably take it camping in a couple weeks.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
7 REPLIES 7

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the backing came off a couple of e curtains but no big deal.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Possumgulch
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new camper, I hope you enjoy yours as much as we did ours, we bought a 1988 Jayco several years ago to see if we would enjoy PUP life, we did and a few years ago bought a new one. The airing out should take the moth ball smell out, eventually. Fabreeze and such might help? I hope the curtain washing works for you, my BIL bought a rig that had been stored for years and when they washed the curtains they all fell apart...but with my trusty sewing machine and the new fabric we had they curtained up in no time. Make memories!!!
Garry and Julie
2008 Jay Series 1207
Dodge Ram 1500
Looking to Make Memories

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Overall the camper is in decent shape. Have come across some issues that needs to be taken care of. First of all the smell of moth balls. Lol. Gotten a good bit of the smell out. Can still smell a trace of it. Have it popped up in the driveway with all the windows open and letting it air out. Cleaned the inside real good and washed the outside before opening her up. All things considering I think it's in pretty good shape. Did find a small area behind one of the dinette seat where there had been water damage. Didn't move the seat when looking at it and I didn't take it down there at the people's place. It's a small spot, may 4 inches or so across and appears to be old. Not going to worry about it, but will keep an eye on it.

My biggest issue right now is the 12 volt. Can't get it to work, but it all works when plugged into 110. Have a posting about it in the tech area.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new camper.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

Serenlyretired
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great - I'm wanting some back in the woods camping info for the Pisgah Forest areas south of the Blue Ridge parkway... Hoping to get back in my off-road POPUP and do some off-road camping down that way this season.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
congrads on your new purchase enjoy
I dont rent out space in my brain