cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bad GPS signal

gomikego
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a magnetic sirius radio antenna and my GPS signal is now about 25 miles out of wack. I tried two different locations and it made no difference.
This is on a 2012 Ram crew cab, with a 730n radio system.
The antenna was purchased from the Satellite Radio Superstore, who I contacted and they had not heard of this problem.
Has anyone else experienced this or would you like to suggest a different antenna? This has been done without the camper on the truck. I'm believing the radio/nav system is working all off the same antenna, as there is only one lead being changed.
I appreciate any info.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

dsteinman
Explorer
Explorer
On my Jeep with a 430N radio/Nav the GPS and Sirius antenna are combined. My cargo rack blocked the Sirius signal, so I replaced the antenna and found I no longer had GPS.

On the Jeep, it is easy to get to the antenna, so as soon as I find a new mount, I will replace the Sirius antenna with the original antenna.

David
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
I am not familiar with the Dodge but on a Ford, the Sirius antenna and the GPS antenna are combined in one unit. I too tried a stand alone Sirius antenna and had the same results. I ordered a Ford antenna and mounted it at the base of the windshield. Sirius and GPS worked great with the TC loaded for our recent trip to Yellowstone. A trip of 3981 miles total with a visit to Mt. Rushmore included. It never lost signal even in the mountains.
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH