cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom door

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
During our recent trip the sliding bathroom door has fallen off our AF 1150. Has anyone else had this problem and what was your solution.
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
6 REPLIES 6

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
tonymull wrote:
We replaced our bathroom door with a curtain. I kept the door but we like the curtain so much I don' think we'll ever go back.

The original 3 panel, sliding door was replaced by a curtain, and that curtain is now replaced by a door door:

Making a bathroom door

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our bathroom door with a curtain. I kept the door but we like the curtain so much I don' think we'll ever go back.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Going on 6 years with my AF 1140 and no issues with the bathroom door coming off.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
If the cloth latch with a snap failed, you can replace it with a conventional sliding door latch like I did or do what Northwood did for 2016. They've gone to top and bottom roller drawer guides which secures the door and has limit stops, which I'm guessing would just about eliminate the door coming off the tracks. I might try this mod on down the road, seems to make perfect sense to me. Check out the pictures about half way down the page here. 2016 Northwood
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
In our case the screws loosened (too few) so I added a few as far back into the slot as I could reach. For travel we block the door OPEN so it hangs on the track with the extra screws.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
Was it the screws not tightened up or did it slide off the track
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.