2004 silverado 4/4 2500HD long box Duramax/Allison
2003 everest 323k
2003 northernlite ten 2000 rd
46 REPLIES 46

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Tamnative wrote:

My grille just fell apart and I have been looking for another to put in the upper left storage of my Bigfoot 10.4e, if I may ask where do you put your grille?

I put mine in the Genset compartment (upper right) along with other stuff. I think it would easily fit in the upper left, but that has been converted to a second bathroom in mine. Here is the dimensional drawing of the Trailmate. The regulator is a simple bayonet mount (rotate and pull it out) so it need not be considered for storage. Without it you should be able to fit it sideways, leaving space for lots of other things. If I remember I will try it tomorrow and let you know.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Tamnative
Explorer
Explorer
HMS Beagle wrote:
If you are looking for a small but high quality gas grill, look at the Magma Connoisseur Trailmate. It is all stainless, quite a bit less storage space than any of the others referenced in this thread. The grill is only large enough for two, but perfect for that purpose. I love the Weber Q products, use one at home and had the Baby Q in the motorhome, but its too big for me to take in the camper.

My grille just fell apart and I have been looking for another to put in the upper left storage of my Bigfoot 10.4e, if I may ask where do you put your grille?
2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4

Greytruck18
Explorer
Explorer
The O Grill has been very good to us.. Sturdy not to heavey fits nicely into a carrying bag... Heard of some draw backs on the Weber Q's and we went this route, and hav not regreted it.. Happy grilling!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Weber, they are the best.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
HMS Beagle wrote:
If you are looking for a small but high quality gas grill, look at the Magma Connoisseur Trailmate. It is all stainless, quite a bit less storage space than any of the others referenced in this thread. The grill is only large enough for two, but perfect for that purpose. I love the Weber Q products, use one at home and had the Baby Q in the motorhome, but its too big for me to take in the camper.

Cabela's makes a clone of the Magma but DON'T be fooled. It doesn't provide even heat, the latch doesn't work well, and it doesn't have a good fit and finish. Stick with the quality of a Magma if you are going that direction.

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
James' wrote:
Just picked up the Weber Q 120, looks like it should fit the bill. It's 15" tall and just fits into my Yakima Skybox along with all the other cr*p I have up there.
Paid $164.00 at Lowes

Yep that's the one we got too! Baby Q 120 w/stand. Already in the TC ready for this weekend!
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

James_
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up the Weber Q 120, looks like it should fit the bill. It's 15" tall and just fits into my Yakima Skybox along with all the other cr*p I have up there.
Paid $164.00 at Lowes
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Olympian 5500 Stainless steel mountable grill

I just purchased this grill last week. I'd had a cast aluminum Olympian grill since 1988(new one is stainless steel) and I now use it at home outside when it's snowing and I can't get to the "big" grill..

I have not used it yet, but did a LOT of reading, reviews, etc. before purchasing it. It was expensive when all is said and done, as it does NOT come with hoses other than a quick connect. Price in total with a cover, mounting rail, quick connect adapter hoses for 5gal propane tanks and disposable tanks came to almost $300.. It has a little higher BTU rating (11,000BTU, compared to many smaller grills (8,500 - 10,000) and I like the versatility of a mounting rail on the back of the camper or using it with the same stand as a table top grill. It's lighter than many also and since I'm so anal about things, I'll have a lot of fun trying to keep the glistening stainless still clean and pretty! (not!!) As I write, UPS just delivered the mounting rail, cover and hose adapter for a 5gal propane tank! I'm off to the great outdoors to install it now! ( pictures will be posted later ... ๐Ÿ˜‰ In the future I'll install the quick connect fitting on the side of the camper that will go directly to the main propane tanks, but for now I'm using the extra 5gal tank I have and the disposable ones.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

NMace
Explorer
Explorer
I am a fan of the hang on the side Camco model, run off the units LP tank.
2002 Silverado 6L 1500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab
2011 Puma 295 KBHSS

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
X5 on the Weber Go-Any- Where. It's compact. stores nicely. If we're fixing for more than 3 or 4 folks it would not do, We have a little larger grill at home. But the Weber gets the most use.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
I swear by my Weber Baby Q. Best propane grill I've ever used. I really like the cast iron grill; keeps food hot and sears steaks great. Cooks fish perfect too; I can toss a gutted bass on there, flip it twice and it's ready to eat. No sticking, no filleting, not even scale the fish. Just gut and toss on the preheated cast iron. Got mine off Amazon for about $150. The lid comes off with a couple pins and clips if you need to separate them for storage. Cleans up very easy.

BUMP!!

Just got the Baby Q and LOVE IT!! I was always curious from reading the positive reviews and now I got to say this is the best bbq grill we've owned. Love the compact size too!

We don't eat a ton of red meat so chicken is our go to...
I get the individual breasts from Costco. Clean them up at home, marinate in a ziploc in the refer and they're ready to use on our weekend campouts. Don't have to worry about raw chicken in the kitchen.
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

garryk6
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sunbeam that is very similar to the little black one (weber go anywhere).
Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking about keeping the grill clean;

I use Lysol Wipes. No hard scrubbing, just wipe it down to get it wet, let sit for about a minute and then wipe it again. I'd say I use maybe 4 of these to clean the grill after a 3 or 4 day campout. That includes cleaning the little grease pan too.

I use a wire brush on the cast iron grill to keep it in shape.

This one is small and stores with the BBQ Works best on a hot grill.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of Stuff wrote:
We have one of these Coleman Fold an Go grills:

It spends a lot of time on the shelf as it is tough to clean.
It is very compact however.

We have several and this is one of them. Its as compact as I have been able to find. We also use one of the combination Coleman stove/grills. They both work well but are a little more difficult to clean.

Our main problem is room, I just don't have room for anything bigger.