cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best bunkhouse with bathroom entry

Auntielarrie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks! New to the forum and hopefully new to TT's very soon. We have an F150 with tow package allowing 11000lbs towing, payload of 1700lbs.

We are looking for a bunkhouse under 30' with bathroom entry on same side as regular entry. Preferably fiberglass siding. Hubby would like to keep dry weight under 6000lbs, if possible.

Things I've seen that I liked:
Awning that covers whole length including both doors
Shoe garage inside main door
Laundry chute
Spinning TV between bedroom and living area
Under mount sink with hard surface countertop insert for sink so counter is almost continuous
Cabinet in bathroom angled like sink
No U shaped dinette, just regular
Power everything, jacks,awning, etc
Outdoor speakers
No outdoor kitchen
Light switches rather than pushing each light on
I really like the island idea, but it isn't absolutely necessary
A window in each bunk
LED lighting
Flat windows

Anyone know the perfect trailer for us? We are looking at a few manufacturers, but it's so hard digging through websites trying to find floorplans and then trying to find accurate pictures!

Thanks so much for your help!
23 REPLIES 23

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the trailer in my signature.
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
bluepost wrote:
Try the passport elite 29BH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW27ZSAsUnc

Jayco has power jacks as an option on their White Hawk series....but I would be careful with those. They are kind of slow, way slower than using a cordless drill with a bit. Also often you need to be near the stabilizers to position jack pads, and if you have to hold a button somewhere it could be inconvenient. I love electric stuff, but stabilizer jacks aren't something I would ever get. On fifth wheels they have self leveling systems....those are different, I don't know any TTrailers that have that.

Check this out. Auto Level for TT's is now available
New Lippert Auto level for TT's

Ground control for TT video.
Watch new system in action
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Apex has every thing you want, Except power jacks, Well, Mine does. I use a drill. And leds which I don't need.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

bluepost
Explorer
Explorer
Try the passport elite 29BH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW27ZSAsUnc

Jayco has power jacks as an option on their White Hawk series....but I would be careful with those. They are kind of slow, way slower than using a cordless drill with a bit. Also often you need to be near the stabilizers to position jack pads, and if you have to hold a button somewhere it could be inconvenient. I love electric stuff, but stabilizer jacks aren't something I would ever get. On fifth wheels they have self leveling systems....those are different, I don't know any TTrailers that have that.

eipo
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I've never seen a TT with a laundry chute! Or one that has a basement.

Ours has a "hatch" on the passenger side "nite stand" in the main bedroom at the front giving access to the forward storage compartment.

I guess some refer it as a laundry chute. Its not very big, but I can see placing a hamper under it.

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Does not exists. Keystone Passport 2810BH is close.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

MorMJS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Keystone Bullet 272BHSWE, that has just about all that you're looking for except, frameless windows, has the tv but it does not swivel to bedroom, no shoe garage either.
TV- 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 6.7L CTD, 2" lift on 35x12.5" Toyo MTs, S&B CAI
New TT 2016 Keystone Bullet 272BHSWE Fastaway E2 WDH, Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller
Old TT- 2014 Rockwood MiniLite 2502s

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a TT with a laundry chute! Or one that has a basement.

eipo
Explorer
Explorer
I would first start with finding what is available near you. Unless you are willing to travel to pick up a trailer.

We started our search by researching the dealers within our area and then picking a floor-plan that fit us. We wanted to not only support our local dealer, but buy from a dealer we would also use for warranty work should the need arise.

We found everything that fit our criteria in a dealer about 20 minutes away and went with a Palomino Solaire 317BHSK. The fiberglass exterior and full length awning were bonuses. The Cherokee line was also in the running and there are many models in each that fit your criteria. Those are the only 2 lines I can offer advice on. We narrowed our options down to those 2 based on availability, price, layout and functionality.