cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way To Add A/C to a older trailer?

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
I'm helping out my sister by trying to find a used trailer under 20'. I did find a Forest River model in great shape, but it does not have A/C and since we are in California, it's pretty much needed at times.

What's the easiest/best solution? Generator running a portable unit, having a roof A/C installed, or? Anyone know ballpark cost of the first two solutions? Thanks much.
16 REPLIES 16

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trailers in that length range won’t have a storage bay fora generator. Will your sister be able to move a 45 pound inverter generator from the TV to the ground or table? Change the oil? Etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
you mentioned two frequent methods. A third is using a mini split system. Mini splits generally use less power, but are more expensive than a small window unit AC. They are also quieter and more efficient.
Here are several in the appropriate size range of 9000 btu. You would want a 115/120 volt model.
Mini splits

Check you tube there are quite a few video's folks mounting them on trailers.