cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best?

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at everything I can find in the 20-25' range, with at least one slide. From what I can see, it appears that the Forest River Surveyor Cadet, the Winnebago Minnie, and the Keystone Bullet are pretty evenly matched in terms of quality of design and workmanship. Does anyone have an opinion (!) on any of these, pro or con?
Two retirees. Perpetual newbies. Techno- and mechanophobes.
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost
21 REPLIES 21

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
My budget is limited and these three are within spitting range of what we can afford. I"ll check out the Arctic Fox - thanks for the tip.
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
I am partial to Northwood products--particularly Arctic Fox. They are made in Oregon and have been in business for a number of years. They have quite a variety of products and really do stand in back of their campers. Check Northwood MFG. out at: http://www.northwoodmfg.com/.
They are famous for their 4 seasons capability as well as just being well made. Good Luck, Lars
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Best of those three? They wouldn't make my top three choices. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
We've looked at the 264 exhaustively but I found it a bit narrow, even with the slide. But the kitchen is fabulous! However, we're looking for something with a dry weight of no more, and preferably less, than 5000#. We're also nervous about the length, which is why we reluctantly gave up our dream unit, a 2012 Jayco White Hawk Ultra Lite 26DSRB, which was the absolutely perfect unit for us and which we lovedlovedloved.
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Surveyor 264 back when we eventually ended up buying a HTT, and it's a great floorplan. The Surveyors are built differently than many TTs and there used to be a section in their brochure showing how and noting the differernces. It may be a smidge too big for your needs, but suggest you at least take a look at their build. Awesome rear kitchen, sofa is on a small slide, dinette across and a real bedroom and bath. We loved it and said IF we ever made a change that would be it. We did make a change last year, but this 264 was just a bit too close to our limits for comfort. They do build a nice unit and haven't heard anything negative. No info on the others. Good luck with the shopping and happy camping.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
Good suggestions, but as usual, I have more questions... As far as construction goes, which of the two options you mentioned is preferable??? And how will we know if the roof is walk-on? How do I find out about frame and axle sizes?

Do their reputations differ, pro or con?
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
MargaretB wrote:
I'm looking at everything I can find in the 20-25' range, with at least one slide. From what I can see, it appears that the Forest River Surveyor Cadet, the Winnebago Minnie, and the Keystone Bullet are pretty evenly matched in terms of quality of design and workmanship. Does anyone have an opinion (!) on any of these, pro or con?
Look under the "fluff" for differences that count.

Look at frame sizes, axle sizes, tire and rim sizes (6 lugs are a real plus) Carrying capacity will tend to be higher on a TT with stout components.
Construction: Do the walls hang over the edge of the frame, or sit on top of it?
Is the roof a walk on one? Don't go by the presence of a ladder as it means nothing.
Heated tanks? If so, how?.

These are just some items that may differentiate these TTs that at first glance appear equal. Most don't look at this stuff... But it matters.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW