cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big slide making a bad noise

bobfears
Explorer
Explorer
My 2012 Primetime Tracer 2800RLD slide is having a problem. It has the Accuslide brand slide mechanism. Extending the slide is no problem, but when you attempt to retract the slide it is reluctant to move. It stays put for about 15 to 30 seconds and then it starts to move. After going about half way in makes a grinding noise and comes to halt. To get it going again you have pull from the inside while someone pushes the retract switch. It then starts to move and the grinding noise stops and it closes. Also you have to be plugged to shore power for the slide to work. The battery indicator light inside the coach says the battery is fully charged when this happens. Any help you give me would be appreciated. The Accuslide mechanism uses a series of 4 cables to pull the slide in and out.
1 REPLY 1

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
I'd try hand cranking full open to full closed once so you can see exactly where and how much it's binding. Look for any signs of water intrusion that may be making the wood frame swell (one possibility for the binding). If no signs of water leak and you can feel it bind in a particular place it may be easier to find the reason when taking the motor out of play.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population