cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot TC parts source?

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a good source of parts unique to Bigfoot?

Specifically, I need the city water fill box/door, the battery compartment door, outside electrical plugs, outside CATV plug, outside sidewall light fixtures and stove sidewall vent cover.

The parts I've found at Campingworld and various other RV stores are not the same size/color as the original Bigfoot part. I suspect the original parts were obtained somewhere in Canada and not available in the US market. If so, where can I find the original parts?

Thx, Rob
10 REPLIES 10

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
54suds wrote:
Try calling Gibs Rv ,Coos Bay Or. they were a Bigfoot dealer for many years and were always VERY helpful to me when I needed Bigfoot parts or you can try calling Rosmans Rv in Vernon ,BC Canada using their toll free parts dept. phone number 1800 6670024
Thanks Suds! I'll try those guys ...

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Try calling Gibs Rv ,Coos Bay Or. they were a Bigfoot dealer for many years and were always VERY helpful to me when I needed Bigfoot parts or you can try calling Rosmans Rv in Vernon ,BC Canada using their toll free parts dept. phone number 1800 6670024
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
HMS Beagle wrote:
Hate to state the obvious, but have you called Bigfoot?
No, my calling plan does not include Canada and they don't have a US number. So calling the factory is my last resort.

The city water fill is not available in the US. Local dealer searched through 3 different catalogs and none were the right size. The other parts I'm not sure about but should know more in the next week or two.

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
thundercloud wrote:
Wow sounds like a heck of a repair job.
Yup, the insurance company totaled it and I bought it back for salvage value. FYI - salvage value was about 18% of the total replacement value (not actual cash value) I received.

So, I have more than enough to make all the repairs. But it's not worth all the stress and suffering I've gone through these last 4 weeks.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
unbob wrote:
Anyone know of a good source of parts unique to Bigfoot?

Specifically, I need the city water fill box/door, the battery compartment door, outside electrical plugs, outside CATV plug, outside sidewall light fixtures and stove sidewall vent cover.

The parts I've found at Campingworld and various other RV stores are not the same size/color as the original Bigfoot part. I suspect the original parts were obtained somewhere in Canada and not available in the US market. If so, where can I find the original parts?

Thx, Rob

Hate to state the obvious, but have you called Bigfoot?

I have replaced the CATV, outside electrical plug covers, sidewall light fixtures, and city water fill cap; all are standard RV fittings. Sometimes you need to look for the right color, white vs. off white vs. grey. Bigfoot mostly used white.

The windows and compartment doors were supplied by Canadian sources, I have bought parts for the windows directly from the manufacturer in Canada, shipped to California, and it could not have been easier.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
Wow sounds like a heck of a repair job. As soon as I get home I will post the name of the battery box company if the sticker is still on it and I will look on the other items as well.
Happy TC'N,
David

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your feedback. I'll be patching several holes in the outside walls too. Camper (and truck) were hammered by flying tornado debris. In the wrong place at the wrong time. Whoa is me.

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
The outside light fixtures and range vent cover can be replaced with any of the new ones. Your camper is new enough that the batterbox door and water fill compartment should still be in production. I am not by my camper right now and can not remember the company name of the battery box/door but it is a company in Canada.
Happy TC'N,
David

unbob
Explorer
Explorer
thundercloud wrote:
Rob,

What year is your Bigfoot camper?
2006 25C9.6 (2500 Series with basement).

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
Rob,

What year is your Bigfoot camper? Might be hard pressed to find actual replacement doors on your camper. Here is a link to site that can build you any size doors. All-Rite Good luck with your project.
Happy TC'N,
David