cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage lot Vandalism

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I used to say I had my TT parked in one of the securest lots there is since it is on an Air Force base...But I change my mind. Over the weekend someone got in the lot and broke out windows in 20something TT's and motorhomes, several vehicles had windows busted out, almost every boat in the lot had the tires slashed on one side, and lots of the TT's and vehicles had slashed tires.
Luckily for me, my TT and enclosed trailer wasn't damaged, the motorhome beside my TT had 3 windows broken out. I just don't understand why anyone would do this stuff, of course they are saying teenagers did it, but what is wrong with them that they would do that? I was a teenager at one time, I did some crazy things and had a blast during my teenage years but it never crossed my mind to damage anyones property, I just don't see how it is exciting or fun, or what kind of mind someone would have to have to think that it is ok to do these kinds of things.
As far as I know nothing was stolen, from what I could tell, the only thing that looked like it was actually entered was 1 TT with a large rear window broken out, it looked like they crawled through the window by the way the blinds were hanging out and stuff.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
7 REPLIES 7

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
I would think that a storage lot on base would be less prone to vandalism too since the general public doesn't have access to the base. Maybe a few punk dependents out there....if the MPs find them, I wonder of the base commander can do anything to the parents.

If it is found that a dependent from base housing (that's where the lot is) they can kick them out of housing.
I would put my paycheck on it being 1 or 2 teens from housing. the lot is inthe back of housing, it has a tall fence with barbed wire and locked gate on the housing side but just a 6-8 foot block wall on the other 3 sides. A thin teen could squeeze throught the gap between the gates pretty easy.
At least this will get the leaderships attention and now cameras and lights will be put out there.

I'm leaving here next month to move to Tyndall AFB in Florida, so I will be moving in to my TT in a couple weeks, I'm really glad mine wasn't hit so I don't have to worry about getting it fixed quick.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
Now this is even worse than some lowlife stealing stuff from RVs to sell for $$$...there is NO reason for this type of vandalism!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that a storage lot on base would be less prone to vandalism too since the general public doesn't have access to the base. Maybe a few punk dependents out there....if the MPs find them, I wonder of the base commander can do anything to the parents.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an old guy (retire next month) with a 4 year degree in Criminology and experience in law enforcement on my resume. Having seen the best people at their worst and worse people at their best for 10 years, I began to lose compassion for my fellow man. Subsequently, I chose to a different career path over the past 33 years.

From your presentment of the facts, it does sound like juvenile delinquents. If apprehended, it would be so apropo for the kids, along with their parents, to have a sit down "come to Jesus" meeting with the judicial system. Those kids, along with their parents should be responsible for making the victims whole again; at least cover their deductible.

But, you know... our overwhelmed and broken system is going to follow the path of least resistance, offering a modicum of justice while facing higher rates of recidivism. Frankly, over thirty years ago, I grew tired of the bad guys walking out of the jail before the ink had dried on my arrest report. Frustration? Might as well go to the beach and pour a home foundation 30' from the low tide line. LOL... the local building inspector absolutely isn't going to allow me to fail. Makes sense, revolving doors are out of vogue.
RVn Full-time

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unfortunately it's a common tale on here. Sorry.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I can remember as a teenager several of us went through some new houses that were being constructed. They had been framed and the rough plumbing and electrical had been completed. One of my friends began to pull the wiring out of the conduit. I asked him why he was doing that....he had no answer other than the same reason mountain climbers give for climbing a mountain..."because it was there".

I helped him feed it back through the conduit. I would have hated to be the electrician showing up on Monday and having to redo the wiring.

I just left very large storage lot (hundreds of RVs, Boats & other vehicles) there is a sign at the entrance warning boat owners to remove their propellers. Many had been stolen for the scrap value.

No morals

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
They do it because of how they're raised - or I should say, not raised by emotionally absent mentally dead crack-head mothers. Absent fathers or fathers unknown even to the mothers. Bitterness over being poverty stricken. Anger that needs expression at seeing what others have. As our population gets further and further from a normal lifestyle people have lived for thousands of generations, the worse society gets or so it appears. Too many people can't cope with the stresses of getting an education and a job paying more than subsistence wages. Or they simply can't bother to better themselves. Welfare is too easy to get so another generation of poverty stricken angry people hits the ground running.

And of course that smaller group of well educated privileged individuals who do it out of boredom and lack of morals and ethics. Look to uninterested poorly paid Nannies and wealthy parents who spend their time globe trotting or at the least also "not there" for their children.

You may as well ask why these depraved soulless reprobates set dogs and cats on fire or break into schools and churches just to destroy them for their sick gratification. I'm to the point of having no compassion for these teenagers who will become violent criminals, even homicidal as adults. They're lacking a conscience and will prey on society, prey on us for their living. You can't cure sociopaths.

Other than execution as in the old days, there doesn't seem like much we can do about these lobotomized Neanderthals. Our Justice system is a joke.... there goes my blood pressure.......
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~