cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying a new travel trailer

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the best place to purchase a new travel trailer in northwest Indiana? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

LeoandLil
Explorer
Explorer
So you are here for advice on buying a travel trailer. That is a good start and you'll get lots of great advice here (along with some silliness, of course). Whatever you finally decide on, my recommendation is to check into purchasing it through Costco. I did, and saved a couple thousand dollars over several local dealer's "best prices", and was about the same as the local dealers wanted for two year-old used trailers. In my case, I had to drive out of state to pick it up, but for me it was worth it. Just use the following URL: "www.costcoauto.com/rv/" Click on "locate a dealer" then enter the unit you are looking for and they will match you up with the dealer nearest you. In my case it was Colerain RV in Dayton. OH. I had a fantastic sales person! She (Amy) was excellent, it was a ridiculously easy transaction and the service folks were very thorough during the inspection process. Buying new, but at wholesale pricing, allows you to use a new trailer for a year or two and trade-in or trade-up without the typical risk of a big loss. Be safe and Happy camping!
2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS ("near-luxury" couples coach)

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Depends what brand you want, I guess. If it's a local manufacturer, and most of 'em are, your delivery costs are really low ๐Ÿ™‚
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Go over to Lagrange, IN. I bought from Riverside there.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think you need tonarrow down your selection a bit first.

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
Any particular dealer?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Elkhart comes to mind.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman