cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying new camper need help between Puma xle or Wildwood

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting ready to buy are first new camper and have narrowed it down to the Puma XLE 17qbc and Wildwood 19bh. Both are bunkhouses single axle and are in our price range and have full dinette which was hard for us to find under 20ft travel trailer range. I would like to here from the experienced campers here in which of these two is a better quality trailer? OR if they are the same in quality. We got a price of $12,200 out the door for the wildwood 19bh but we haven't priced out the Puma yet I'm guessing we can get the puma xle 17qbc for around $13,000 out the door so not a big difference in price.
13 REPLIES 13

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you colliehauler we are very excited and cant wait to use this new camper.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congratulations on the new trailer, hope you have a lot of good times in it.

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
We got to look at the Puma XLE 17qbc and WOW it was basically just like the wildwood but upgraded! It had the 13500 btu A/C unit, Outside speakers, power awning, and came with the spare tire and holder, which the wildwood did not. And it also came with front and rear stabilizer jacks which the wildwood only came with rear jacks. As far as quality the Puma was little better the rubber roofing was nice and neat as to where the Wildwood had globs hanging off it in a few spots. As far as pricing the Puma XLE 17qbc was $12,950 out the door, The Wildwood was $12,200 out the door. We put a deposit down for the Puma XLE 17qbc the main things that won us over was the bigger water tanks, the longer awning, and the few upgrades that cam with it for only $750 more plus the Puma is a better looking trailer IMO. So we should have are new camper in about 2 weeks and like I said I will posting some pictures as soon as we get it.

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
EA Williams sorry but what do you mean?

EA_Williams
Explorer
Explorer
DEALER DEALER DEALER! Read thru the forums with CW and/or GS in the title. Good luck and happy RVing.

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaning more towards the puma xle 17qbc because the shower has an actual shower surround and the water tanks are larger. But we haven't gotten to see one in person yet but we are hoping we can find one to look at this weekend.

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
That's actually good to know so basically it just comes down to which one we like better. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck thanks guys. I will post a picture of the one we buy in about a week.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mark and Linda wrote:
We had a Palomino PUP..loved it. Good quality for the price. We now have a Puma....good quality for the price. Doesn't Forest River make both?
Yep, Forest River make's both but at different plants. I would get the one you like best. Look at the fit and finish on each one.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Palomino PUP..loved it. Good quality for the price. We now have a Puma....good quality for the price. Doesn't Forest River make both?
Mark

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the links to both campers

http://www.palominorv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=378&ModelID=2556#Main

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=178&ShowParent=1&ModelID=1379#Main

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I here ya loud and clear. I didn't comment on the camper model because I am not familiar with them. Sounds like you know what you want. I thought maybe you were a newbie but you are not. I hope some folks here will point you in the right direction.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

kwslvdo96
Explorer
Explorer
We just sold are used camper, but there is nothing used in the size or layout that we want. And if there is they want 10k to 12k for it used so we mise well buy new for the extra 1,500 bucks. My question is one better than the other as far as quality? We use our camper 7 to 9 times a summer and are going to keep it long term which is why we are going with a bunkhouse. The Puma xle 17qbc is 3440lbs dry weight and has bigger water tanks which is why it is heavier than the Wildwood 19bh that weighs 3003lbs dry weight. The Puma is made by palomino and the wildwood is made by forest river I believe.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Just a suggestion. Have you looked at used. You can save a bundle. I don't know if you have bought campers in the past but you may decide your first rig is not exactly what you would like. Just a suggestion. I have bought 7 or so campers. 2 new and the rest used. You can almost double your bang for the buck for about 1/2 the price. If your rolling in money then that is a different story. I know that is not what you asked just making a suggestion, from my past experience. JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!