cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 975

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone with a Lance 975 that has some real world weights? Lance lists the dry weight as 3330..my only heavy option would be AC, no awnings or generator. I can do a build online which shows the updated weight, just not sure how accurate they are.

We have a 2016 3500HD SRW CC D/A and researching downgrading from our 5th wheel to a TC since we take a boat or ATV trailer everywhere and have to drive two vehicles. With the kids out of house now, no need for the additional sleeping space. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

James_
Explorer
Explorer
Great camper!
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
I got quotes from Kettleson's and Holiday in Salida. Holiday is about 3K cheaper....there are numerous people with this camper and heavier on a SRW with no issues. You just have to make that decision yourself...lots of opinions one way or the other. For myself, I would see how it is road with 275/70 tires...with knowing the possibility of having to go to 19.5s. DRW is not an option for me.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
CoBoz- are you dealing with Ketlesens (Lance dealer) in Denver?

I have never purchased an RV from them, but their customer service in the Parts Department that I have experienced is great. I would tend to think that their sales might be equally as good.

(I also think you might be pushing the limits of a SRW too.)
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Cool and thanks.

I'm still torn between keeping my paid-off and very comfortable, many mods TT and just buying a Diamondback tonneau cover to load 2 ATVs on it or going with a TC. My wife us OK with the TC route but likes comfort and would want a slide-out TC and it just keeps looking more and more like I should go DRW for that... which wouldn't be a bad thing as it would be a new truck but... that added cost ๐Ÿ˜ž I want more remote, harder to reach areas access which with a 30' point-to-bumper TT is hard to accomplish for certain areas in the high country.

I've also read plenty of TC threads recommending going with higher load rated 19.5" wheels/tires as that is the weak point for most 1 ton SRWs. Just seems to always be at least one drawback regardless of which way to go.

I do need to go see these in person to really get an idea for functionality.
I love me some land yachting

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at them, we decided we liked the 995 better...its a smidge lighter than the 975, and I have found a few people that have them on SRWs. We haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, but if we do..will prolly be the 995.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
COBOZ,

Did you ever find accurate info on the Lance 975? What did you decide to do? I know your last post was 1 1/2 months ago but not finding much other info on rv.net about the Lance 975 because it is so new.

I've seen dry weight's listed on shipped Lance 975's that seem well optioned, including a generator but no solar panels, and those dry weight's are at about 3785 lbs. So, under 4k lbs dry but still well within DRW territory for a loaded vehicle.

I'm faced with the same dilemma in that the Lance 975 is almost the perfect design for me and the wife but still would push me into selling my SRW for a DRW. But, I have a good amount of time before I would actually sell our TT and buy a TC. I suppose one could say I'm doing my homework now so when I'm ready to purchase, maybe there will be some used Lance 975's around.

Decisions, decisions. ๐Ÿ™‚
I love me some land yachting

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 975 is a nice camper but I think you will be over weight for a SRW. Especially if you want to add hitch weight by towing.
I'll bet a 975 ready to camp is pushing 4500 lbs.
I think a 950S is about the limit for a SRW.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650