Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camp Lite 13QBB

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I have stumbled across another contender in the traveling hotel room showdown. Next week we are driving over to look at the Lil Snoozy in SC and on the way we are stopping to look at a used CampLite 13QBB. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either the CampLite brand or their parent company Living Lite? If you have read my other thread by now you understand that we are not looking at the normal sticks and staples trailers. We want something that has little or no wood in it but if it does the wood is good wood and encased in a non-wood vessel.
Randy Bergen
6 REPLIES 6

paulandre
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I do have a Camplite 13QBB and this is a really good trailer, had it since August 2014 and had no problem with it at all, can't wait to get it out of storage for next season, the quality is outstanding and it sure look that the trailer will last for a long time with the almost all aluminium construction

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished a 13k mile tour of, duty in our 21RBS. After all the issues we have had with various RVs over the past 30 years, this one stands out for trouble free operation. It just takes a beating with no complaints. I feel it will be generational, as no surprises and we should have had a few with some of the roads we were on. Time will tell, but as we approach the 1 year mark, so far so good.

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a camplite at a recent RV show. The quality seemed very good. The 16BHB was a strong contender for us, however the upper bunk is only rated for 150#. When I told the dealer that was a deal breaker for me, he immediately called his Camplite rep, who immediately promised that they could "beef up the bunk" on any new trailer we had built. I was very impressed with the dealer AND the camplite rep. All this occurred on a Saturday morning.

Ultimately, I couldn't get over the $25k price tag. When I told the dealer I had to take him out of the running due to price, he pointed out that this is a "generational" trailer that would last, and last, and last, and eventually go to the next generation of our family. We still didn't buy the trailer, but I believed him. They really do seem to be excellent trailers.

I love the 13Qbb floor plan. Good luck!

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Camplite 5.7 truck camper. I have looked at the trailers and the construction process seems similar for both.

The camper seems well constructed and provides a cozy place to sleep for a couple. Because my model is an early one with limited amenities I have made quite a few modifications over time. One of the best points of the Camplite construction is that the panels are very easy to remove for adjustments and improvements. Using screws in metal framing is an easy way to attach hooks and such.

Last fall I decided to sell the camper because we have an RV also that we seem to use more. My wife vetoed the sale because she finds the camper so comfortable even though it is small.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Camplite 21BHS. We've towed it about 6,000 miles and have had the camper for about 18 months. So far, the trailer is excellent. In addition, LivinLite has been VERY responsive, sending me a new tire due to a crack in the sidewall I didn't like no questions asked(it was small), and also sending me a new wood grain panel for the refrigerator out of warranty that was slightly incorrectly cut. Again, no questions asked.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I have looked at the Lil Snoozy's and really like them, but they are on the pricey side. We drive by their manufacturing plant on the way to the beach, so we had to look them up on the net.

Good luck with your purchase.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW