cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camper for Titan

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a camper on your Nissan Titan? I have a 2005 and am thinking of buying a camper for it. I know it would have voided the warranty, but we are way beyond warranty dates! Any thoughts, comments, experiences? I am not looking for camper info per se; I am looking for experiences with Titan specifically, good, bad or indifferent. Thanks!
DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon
7 REPLIES 7

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Besides cargo capacity which varies from 1450# to 1640# TOTAL, you failed to mention bed length.

Is yours 67" (crew cab) or 79" (king cab)?
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
DesertHiker wrote:
Do you have a camper on your Nissan Titan? I have a 2005 and am thinking of buying a camper for it. I know it would have voided the warranty, but we are way beyond warranty dates! Any thoughts, comments, experiences?

...and after my negative comments, you might look at a Four Wheel Camper pop up. Thats Titan sized and very nice as well.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't know how stout a Nissan third member is either....probably on par with a 1500 Dodge....
2015 Backpack SS1500

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
burningman wrote:
Probably not. The Dodge 1500 rear ends are kinda' known for coming apart. Buddy of mine just had to redo his and it's hardly ever worked hard in its life, or even had big tires.

Ain't no Dana back there..........:p
2015 Backpack SS1500

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably not. The Dodge 1500 rear ends are kinda' known for coming apart. Buddy of mine just had to redo his and it's hardly ever worked hard in its life, or even had big tires.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a Nissan but I did once have a 1500 Dodge. I had an 8' pop-up camper on it. The camper had no basement, no slide, no bathroom, no sewer tanks. I removed the spare tire from the truck. With just me in the cab I was 700 pounds over the truck's GVWR. I added air bags and load range E tires and ran it for a year. It did okay but I was always counting pounds of any gear or people I put in it.
A few years later, when having my differentials serviced the technician showed me that a couple things were broken inside and recommended I not tow with it anymore. I don't know if hauling overweight with the TC was responsible or not.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't the max payload about 1,600 pounds? How much of that is taken up by people and stuff you would usually carry when going camping?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad