Explorer
Would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the stable lift
system? pro or cons ??
6 REPLIES 6

tmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a million Reddog1
You've given me tons of valuable information.
Additionally, I've contacted the mfg and the owner is
most accommodating...
He's sending me complete cad drawings< instructions, and photos
for my perusal.
Can't ask for more than that, I guess.
I appreciate everyone's response and input.
Glad I joined Woodall's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS......
Tom

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
dadwolf2 wrote:
Reddog1 has them on his camper. He'll probably chime in.
I have had my Stable-Lift since about 2005. It is not often I remove my TC from the truck, but when I do, I am much more comfortable than with the four jack system. I have used my TC while it was off the truck, and with the stabilizers it is as solid as if it were on a foundation. More often than not, I do not stay in campgrounds. Uneven ground has never been a problem for me. The "hoop" has a large surface when on the ground, which is great on soft ground. The entire hoop need not touch the ground when unloading. I usually use me Stable Lift to level my camper, although the TC is still on the truck.

It is designed in such a way, it also serves as tiedowns. Simply stated, it sandwiches the truck body and frame between the lower hoop and TC. There is an adjustment for how tight it clamps, and if excessively too tight, it puts a lot of strain on the TC framing and side overhangs. If you do not want to use its tiedown feature, you can use your existing tiedowns.

The lift is strong enough I have never needed to repair it. I have hit boulders a couple of time while in tight spots, with no damage to the lift or TC. I hit hard enough to raise a side of the truck/TC, and skin the paint.

I installed my Stable-Lift with no help. It took me about two days. You will have to remove appliances inside the TC to install the lift. Each TC install is a little different due to appliance layout.

My 1988 Bigfoot had hydraulic jacks. Not only did I have the wobble of four individual jacks, I also had the issues with hydraulics, and going around and around the TC to raise or lower it. The deal maker was one time trying to load my TC during strong winds and rain. I bought the lift. If I would have had electric jacks, I may not have bought the Stable Lift, but only because it was pricy (about $2500). I could have saved a little by going with the elec jacks, but the lift had several advantages and was/is exceptionally stable. I have no regrets.

I probably could (and have) wrote a book on my lift. Most of my post are probably in the archives. I have really tested the ability of my lift, and answered many questions about the lift. My association with Stable-Lift is limited to my being a satisfied customer.

As for cons, the only one that comes to mind is it might not be the best choice if you do extreme off roading. I do go on rough uneven non-paved roads, with no problem. My truck us 2WD so it is even much lower than the 4WD, but it is something to consider.

EDIT: It will add between 200 and 300 pounds to the TC, centered over the rear axle.

If you do a search, use the advanced search. Try "Stable lift", Archive-over 12 months, Truck Campers. I think there have been two posts made by people not happy with their Stable Lifts. I could not find the posts.

Here are a couple of links:

2010 TOUR: Stable-Lift

StableLift questions

Stable Lift System

Camper hold-downs...something different

scored a used stable lift today

Purchase an offloading system for TC.

How does stable-lift work on an incline?

It is unfortunate, but in previous Threads, there are posts from arm chair experts that have never seen a Stable-Lift in person. Their post borderline on Trolls, to support their non-informed value of the Stable-Lift. I will answer questions from inquiring minds, but not from the Trolls. I will clearly state if my response is based on personal experience, or just a guess.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 has them on his camper. He'll probably chime in.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

tmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info and you're correct Stablelift system topic would be more effective....
never too old to learn.....

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
No I think referring to Stable Liftcamper jack system

Several folks here have it-a simple stable lift in the search window would also bring a few past posts
edit: actually if your retitled your post to 'stable lift jacks' might get a better response from folks who have it.
welcome to the forum
Mark
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your question is regarding StableLoads do a search on Stableloads.
I have a set of Stableloads on my Silverado and I am very satisfied with this product.